You're Not Alone - Klaus & Tyler

Plot request by JamieSkaggs  💕

Plot request by JamieSkaggs 💕

-

The moment I stepped into the courtyard of the Mikaelson compound, he knew I was there. I guess that's a perk of being a vampire and having the most accurate best friend radar on the planet. I barely had enough time to enter before he stood in front of me, his blue-green eyes staring deep into mine.

"Jamie?" His voice was laced in confusion and surprise.

"Hi, Nik."

"What are you doing in New Orleans?" Klaus asked, his gaze set on my shrinking form.

I nervously took a deep breath, fiddling with my fingers as I fought not to look him directly in the eyes.

"I wanted to talk."

He didn't respond at first, but simply stepped back and held out a hand for me to enter. He led me over towards a small seating area in the courtyard where we both sat down on a red velvet couch.

"What's wrong?" He said immediately, knowing something was off.

"I'm not even going to bother lying to you." I huffed, knowing he would sense the lie before I even finished saying it. "Something happened to me, and I honestly don't know what to do or how to handle it, I just-"

"What happened, Jamie?"

"Klaus, I-" I took a deep breath and slowly met his hard gaze. "I'm-"

"You're pregnant." Recognition crossed over his expression.

"How did you-"

"I can hear it." Klaus interrupted me, his eyes trained on my stomach. "I can hear its tiny heartbeat as you sit before me."

I bit down on my bottom lip, nervously tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Who's the father?" He suddenly broke the silence with a concerned tone.

"Nik, please don't be mad at me-"

"Who's the father, Jamie?"

"Tyler Lockwood."

Klaus' face contorted, his eyes narrowing and his mouth forming a flat line.

"I'm going to kill him!"

The moment Klaus stood, I desperately grabbed onto his sleeve, begging him to calm down.

"Nik, please, don't hurt him! He doesn't even know!"

"How could you be so careless, Jamie? Getting pregnant is one thing, but by that good for nothing Tyler Lockwood? How could you do this to yourself?"

"I know I was being careless, okay? I know that what I did was wrong, but that doesn't change the fact that I have a child growing inside of me as we speak. I can't alter that. At this point, I just need some advice from my best friend. I can't do this without you, Nik. Please don't push me away."

"I won't." He sighed. "I'm sorry I yelled, it's just I don't want to see you suffer because of one bad decision you made. I don't want you to regret it."

"I don't regret it." I spoke quietly. "I love Tyler, and he loves me. When you and the rest of your siblings left for New Orleans, the two of us became close. Tyler was getting over Caroline and I wanted to make sure he didn't fly off the deep end. I was there for him when he needed me the most and I know he'll be there for me and for our child."

"This is Tyler Lockwood, love." Klaus protested. "He doesn't care about anyone but himself-"

"I trust him, Nik. I believe he will be there for me."

Klaus didn't respond for a moment, but rather glanced up at me, gently placing a hand flat on my stomach.

"I will be here for you throughout this process, understand? You may trust Tyler, but I certainly don't. If that asshole leaves you to fend for yourself, you can bet that I will be by your side helping you raise your child as if it were my own flesh and blood. I promise you, Jamie. You're not going to be alone with this."

"Thank you, Nik." I grinned, holding back the tears that threatened to spill. "I don't know how I ever found such a loving, devoted best friend."

"You mean everything to me, love. You know that, right?"

"I do." I nodded, looking back towards the entrance of the compound. "I need to head back. I have to tell Tyler the truth."

"Alright." Klaus nodded. "Wait here for a second."

In a flash, he disappeared up the stairs, reappearing only minutes later with a suitcase in his hand.

"Nik, what are you-"

"I'm coming with you." He smiled warmly. "I can't leave you to tell him by yourself, and once you have that baby, you're going to need someone who knows the ropes of being a parent. I do have a daughter after all."

"You're the best, you know that?"

"I know." Klaus laughed.

-

"Ty, I need to tell you something." My voice came out shakily, and I tapped my fingers on my thigh to calm myself down.

"Sure, Jamie, what is it?" Tyler looked me in the eyes, a gentle smile on his lips.

"So do you remember when the two of us kinda slept together two months ago?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, I'm, um...." I trailed off, avoiding eye contact.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my knee and I looked up to see Tyler grinning. It was the biggest grin I had seen on him in a long time.

"Am I going to be a father?"

Not scared anymore, I broke out into a grin myself, nodding quickly. Tyler immediately stood from the table and gathered me up into his arms. I hugged him back, relieved that he had taken the news so well. As he began to swing me from side to side, his strong arms wrapped around me, I spotted Klaus at the bar of the Mystic Grill, a warm smile on his face. I returned the one he gave me, and mouthed the words thank you, to which he responded always and forever.

And when that baby was born, Klaus kept his promise. He was there for me alongside Tyler. Both men were incredibly supportive, each one trying to outdo the other, but in the end, they somewhat got along. Well, they got along for my sake anyway.

-

I hope you all enjoyed! Don't forget to follow my Instagram (@ivoryconfessions) to see new promos for all of my books and find out about the next chapters before they're posted! Love you all!
xx lavender baby 💋