Let Me Love You - Klaus

The house was deathly silent except for my exasperated sigh. I sat on the floor of my bedroom, surrounded by a mountain of tissues and torn up pieces of stationary paper. It had been three days since I returned home from my trip to Massachusetts visiting my family. I had come home a few days early to surprise my boyfriend, Stefan, but when I arrived, I found him in bed with Caroline Forbes. What hurt the most was it was so unlike him to brush me off the way he did. He addressed me calmly and with a carefree attitude, much like his brother, Damon.

Stefan and I had been together for almost two years. I had thought our relationship was getting stronger within time, however, Stefan felt otherwise. In my three weeks away, he had taken the time to himself, testing out any possibility of a relationship with Caroline. I was heartbroken, having lost my boyfriend, and having been betrayed by my friend.

I cried and moped around my house for two days, refusing to go outside since none of my friends knew I was home anyway. I didn't even talk to my best friend, Klaus, who was always supportive of me no matter what I went through. Instead, I had chosen to hide away in my house and reminisce about what could have been.

That was two days of misery and pain that I will never be able to get back. By now, I was done with being sad, and was beyond angry with Stefan and Caroline's betrayal. I had screamed a few times, and even went through a box of his things, tearing the letters he sent to me while I was in Massachusetts to shreds. I felt pleasure in feeling the paper rip in my hands and watching his neat handwriting being destroyed in the process. Everything he had told me was a lie, and I felt stupid for not seeing his attraction to my blonde friend any sooner.

After taking my anger out on his letters, I sat on the floor, not knowing what to do. I had felt sad and mad most of the day and I was exhausted from the storm cloud of emotions. All I wanted was to curl up in a ball and go to sleep.

"Welcome home Thea!"

My head whipped around to see Klaus stroll into my bedroom with a smile on his face, which quickly faded into a frown once he spotted me on the floor surrounded by tissues and paper scraps.

"Love, what happened?"

"Stefan cheated, Klaus." I spoke quietly, my voice wavering. "He cheated on me with Caroline."

"He did what?" Klaus's expression immediately darkened.

"When I came home, I went to the Salvatore boarding house and I found Caroline in bed with Stefan

"When I came home, I went to the Salvatore boarding house and I found Caroline in bed with Stefan. They had been together the entire time I was away."

"I'm going to kill him." Klaus growled, clenching his fist and turning back towards the door. "Are they there now?"

"No, Niklaus, don't you dare." I stood up, stepping forward to grab ahold of his wrist.

"When did this happen, Thea?"