Not Anymore - Damon & Elijah

"Hello, my love."

I stepped into the bedroom and my mouth dropped open.

"Elijah, what is all this?"

"Happy two years of being my wife." He grinned as I came closer.

"So this is what you were working on when you banned me from the bedroom?" I giggled, biting my lip when he walked up to me and laced our hands together

"I wanted it to be a surprise."

"It definitely was a surprise and a lovely one at that. Thank you baby." I leaned up to kiss him.

"I'm glad you like it. But since it has been two years since we said our vows, I think we should celebrate, don't you?"  His eyebrow raised up in mischief.

"Elijah, my darling, are you suggesting what I think you're suggesting?" I teased.

"I'm suggesting what I always suggest whenever we have the house to ourselves." Elijah winked grabbing a bottle off of the bedside table. "Champagne and the night of your life."

"You're so freaking cute." I grinned. "You're also the best husband ever."

"I try. Now, where shall we begin?"

-

My eyes slowly fluttered open, the sound of the doorbell pulling me from a deep sleep. I sat up quickly, trying to regain sight as the sound echoed across the house.

"What in the world?" I whispered, glancing back at the digital clock on the nightstand. "Who would come over on a Tuesday morning?"

"Hmm...?" Elijah groaned, still quite asleep.

"There's someone at the door." I replied, grabbing ahold of the sheets.

"No, baby, I got it." He mumbled, rolling over on his side as he attempted to get out of bed.

"Elijah, it's fine, I'm already up. Don't trouble yourself." I laughed. "It looks like you need your beauty sleep anyway."

I threw back the covers, sliding off the bed and slipping on my black lace undergarments that had been thrown across the floor from the night before. I quickly went into Elijah's closet, pulling on one of his navy blue dress shirts and buttoning it up so that it covered everything down to my knees. In a hurry, I practically jogged down the stairs in order to reach the door. With my vampire hearing, I could hear the sounds of Elijah snoring upstairs. An amused smile crept its way upon my lips as I opened the door, my cheery mood melting away the moment I saw who it was.

"Damon?" I frowned.

"Hi, Bri." He replied, seeming incredulous to whether he was actually seeing me or not.

In a shocked state, I slammed the door in his face. My mind was in a confused frenzy. Three years before, I had dated Damon back in Mystic Falls. At almost our one year mark, I came home one day and found evidence of another woman in his bedroom. I had kept quiet, hoping I was being paranoid, but I soon found out that he not only slept with Elena, but his blood was the one that turned her into a vampire, making him her sire. Enraged at the fact that Damon made the choice of her over me, I left Mystic Falls. On my way to my new home in Chicago, Klaus offered me a stay in his town for a few nights, and after awhile I fell in love with New Orleans, and Elijah. After a year of dating, the two of us got married, and I had completely forgotten about my heartbreak. Up until now when Damon mysteriously showed up at my door.