Chapter 24. Dance, Dance -Fall Out Boy

Dan's p.o.v

I was ready and waiting for Ari in a large hall downstairs. There was a lot of people who's names I didn't know. Ari had told me to stay in one place so she could find me once she had danced with some of them. 

And then I saw her. It was like she had been taken from a Disney movie and put into real life. She stood at the top of a grand stair case in a pale pink dress. Her hair was curly and finished just below her back. She had fairy wings on but not the childish kind, the real kind.

Everyone stopped talking and turned around to see her. They listened intently as she began talking. 

I must have blanked out because everyone began to get into pairs and a classical band began to play. Ari was with a man who was old enough to be her dad. She hadn't mentioned anything about a dad yet. I could see his mouth moving and was trying to make out what he was saying but they were to far away.

Three songs passed and she had changed dance partners after each one. The second was a short fat man around 25 and the third a tall man around 20. The song finished and he kissed her hand as she was, I presume, saying goodbye. 

She looked around the room looking a bit lost until she spotted me. She smiled and waved as she walked towards me.

"Hey" She said with an even prettier smile than usual.

"Hey" I answered with an even bigger smile on my face.

"What did you get up to?" She asked as we hadn't seen each other all day.

"Well after waking you up Lily came and showed me how to dance and then I came down here and help set up and stuff"

"Lets see how good of a teacher she is then" She took my hand and placed the other on my shoulder. In return I placed one on her waste.

I tripped a few times but I don't think anyone noticed. At least I hoped not. Ari seemed to have fun and that's all the matters I suppose.

................

Most people had left by now. Ari had taken me outside because she wanted to see her horse and Juliana wouldn't leave her alone saying "You should be with Eric, James or John" but she didn't like any of them so she tries her best to ignore them.

"What have the others said about coming to America" I asked needing the answer as soon as possible. Sam keeps texting me because the record company need to get everything sorted.

"They've all said yes but Alex has to go to Summer In The City on the 8th for that weekend" I sighed in relief. "And I haven't seen Danny since he went to University but he dropped out as far as I'm aware"

"But there okay with going on tour? And you've got all your instruments? And what about a set-list?"

"Yes, Yes and are covers okay? I don't want to play my own stuff just yet."

"Yeah why not. Just don't tell Sam until you go on stage" I laughed remembering when I tried to play a cover of The Wire by Haim before we got big. He nearly blew his head off.

She opened the gates to some stables and lead me inside. It was warm inside the room compared to the stormy winds outside. 

"The black one's Apollo and the white one's Aphrodite"

I liked Aphrodire, she wasn't as big as Apollo and was much more gentle. I must have fed her three apples before Ari had to drag me back to her room.