Chapter 12. The City -The 1975

Dan's p.o.v

I woke up to an empty room. Last night Kyle came round and wouldn't stop bugging me about Ari. After he finally went home I crawled into bed.  I could hear her playing keyboard as the walls were thin. It sounded beautiful as I drifted of to sleep. I wish I could be sent to sleep by that every night.

Seem as Sam had given me the rest of the week of and everyone was busy with their girlfriends and boyfriends, I thought I'd visit Ari and see if she wanted to go to the city with me. I don't think she's ever been to London before and it's helpful to have someone who knows their way around. Woody discovered this when he first moved here and ended up getting the underground to Piccadilly Circus instead of West Minster Avenue.

I got dressed into my usual jeans and wolf shirt and knocked on her door. It opened to reveal a sleepy looking Ari dressed in a a shirt that reached her knees and her hair in a messy ponytail.

"Sorry, is this a bad time?" I had probably just woken her up.

"No come in" She said, a blush creeping upon her cheeks.

"Make yourself at home, I'll be back in a sec" I got out my phone and clicked on twitter. I searched 'Ariana Smith' and it came up with four people, none of which had photos of my Ari. Two had a picture of themselves, but not Ari, another had a picture of Matt Smith and the last had four people performing but I couldn't work out who. The first was a doctor who super fan who tweeted quotes but nothing about bands. The second was a performer in her older tweets from a band called 'Bad Wolf' but the newer ones were a bit sadder. She posted things about suicide, being rejected and a few good things like 'moving to London today.' I followed her and put my phone back in my pocket. She returned shortly after in black skinies, a black 'The 1975' shirt and a black hoodie.

"Do you want to go into town today?" I asked.

"Erm yeah" I jumped up and grabbed her hand in my own. She pulled away and looked at me confused.

"Sorry" I said. She placed her hand back in mine, smiling as she did so.

We got the bus to town and were now in Trafalgar Square. "It's built in honour of this guy called Nelson who had something to do with the battle of Trafalgar." I pulled her up the steps towards the podium where a lion sat on each corner of the base of it. She tried to jump up to sit on it but fell back down. I snuck up behind her and picked her up by her waist. She squealed and turn to look at me.

"Oh my god Dan. You can't just pick people up when they're not expecting it" I put her down on the platform and jumped up.

"Sorry" I mumbled and blushed. "Lets go sit on the lions"  I said trying to divert the subject. 

Ari's p.o.v

Dan knows how heavy you are now. He could already see that.  But he'll never want to be friends with a fat person. Well i'll not have dinner and i'll find a park to run in then. Good. 

"Are you okay?" Dan asked looking into my eyes.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said with a smile. He pulled me over to the statue on the back right.

"Can I help you up?" I smiled and nodded, at least he asked this time. He lifted me up and got up himself. He took out his phone and pointed it towards me.

"No!" I put my hands in front of my face and turned around.

"Is someone camera shy" He grabbed my waist and pulled me to face him. I saw a flash from in between my fingers.

"Really?" I asked loosening his grip and sliding off. I landed on the concrete podium with a thud.

"Ari, i'm sorry. I always take photos of my friends but I don't do anything with them." Dan thought I was his friend. Now I feel bad.  You should do. You hurt his feelings. Shut up! Warm arms wrapped around me. I wiped my wet cheeks, apparently I was crying.

"Do you want to go home? We could watch a film." I nodded slightly and pulled away. I looked up to find his eyes staring into mine. He looked away, blushing and slipped his hand in mine and began a slow walk back to the flats.