Chapter 1. Brand New Day -Kodaline

Ari's p.o.v
The train was just pulling into Kings Cross when Flaws started to play. The screen flashed with a picture of my best friend, Nicole.

"Oh My God! Where are you?!" she screamed. I had to move my phone away from my face to avoid bursting my ear drum.

"Calm down, I'll be about half an hour. Don't unpack anything of mine, okay?" I said calmly.

"Okay and hurry up" she replied excitedly.

Today I was moving to South London with Nicole. We've been best friends since we met when her family came to stay down south with my 'family' for a while. I was two and she was four at the time. Since then her family came to visit till I was six. After that I'd go to see her until I got moved to Sheffield when I was ten.

I picked up my rucksack, an ugly pink colour that I crammed as many clothes into as I could, and threw it on my back. The doors slid open and the sound of the city buzzed around my head.

I hailed a taxi after a lot of difficulties getting through the crowds. Giving him the slip of paper with my address, I pulled out my ear phones and 'plugged myself in'. The City by the 1975 began to play as I smiled and turned my head towards the window. I was met by a view of men in suits holding briefcases all weaving in and out of each other. There was the odd tourist with a camera. The streets were lined with launderettes (were people do your washing), convenience stores and flats.

After around 30 minutes we came to a halt. I paid him then got out and looked up at the tall building. Our apartment was on the top floor.

I reached the elevator to find it was out of order. Great. I turned to the stairs and began the long climb to the 7th floor. by the fourth flight of stairs I had a painful stitch. Eventually, I reached my floor and looked upon a plain white corridor with four grey doors each with a number on it.

I strolled in to find Nicole had creates a barrier around herself with the cardboard boxes. She had been hear since yesterday and by the looks of it had only managed to set up her radio. At the moment it was playing That's What You Get by Paramore, one of many of our favourite bands.

"Hey" I called out but it was barley audible. She turned around with a huge smile and ran towards me and picked me up. I squealed and wrapped my arms around her before pulling away and turning down the volume.

"Finally your here!"