Chapter 13. Great DJ -The Ting Tings

Nicole's p.o.v

I arrived home at around 3pm to an empty house. "Hello? Anybody home?" No reply. This was strange. Ariana doesn't go outside unless she has to and she doesn't start work until next week. I should unpack the rest of my things, I had been here for four days, but I really didn't want to.

Ari made the desk, wardrobe, shelving and bed last night. I just had to unpack everything and figure out where to put it.  I set up my computer, scanner and laptop. It's strange, I have an Iphone but windows PC and laptop and Ari has an Android phone but iMac and MacBook. I use a scanner as I do a lot of art and sell it online. Ari always says 'just take a photo' but the quality is much better when it's scanned in properly.

Once that was done I began to unpack my clothes. Over the years i've collected a wide range of clothes. It took me two hours to put them in some sort of order and hang them all up. That's enough chores for today.

I went to the living room and switched on the tv. Five minutes into how i met your mother and Ari stumbled through the door. "Where have you been?" I asked raising my eyebrows. She looked happy for once too.

"I've been into town and i'm going to have a Harry Potter marathon" That's odd, she only watches Harry Potter when she's upset or angry.

She trotted off to her room and returned shortly after in her 'pajamas' (leggings and a top) and her box set and rabbit. "where are you going?" I hope she hasn't met someone on the internet. Last time that happened it didn't end well.

"To watch a film" She replied and went out the front door. I followed her to find her entering Dan's flat. I shrugged and returned to the settee. 

Dan's p.o.v

I plugged in the dusty dvd player, I hadn't used it in a while as I wasn't home for a lot of last year. Ari came back and handed me the dvds. She looked around the room, standing awkwardly by my side.

"You can sit down you know, make yourself at home" I said standing up and smiling. She walked over to the corner and sat down with her rabbit by her side. I pressed play and sat on her other side. 

We were up to Goblet Of Fire when I realized we hadn't had anything to eat. I went to the kitchen and got two packets of crisps, made two cheese sandwiches and got two glasses of apple and blackcurrant. I returrned to the lounge and put it on the table.

"what?" I said through a laugh as Ari had a confused face. "I made dinner" I said with quoteation marks around dinner.

I finished mine quickly but Ari was still picking at hers. "That's the strangest way I've ever seen someone eat a sandwich" She began to laugh and placed her plate on the table. "Do you want anything else?" She shaked her head, still gigling.

We watched another two Harry Potters before she fell asleep clutching her rabbit. I smiled to myself knowing she'd be the first thing I saw. I carried her into my room and tucked her in then got a blanket and pillow for myself before curling up on the floor.

Ari's p.o.v

I woke up to a dull light. I looked around me. I wasn't in my room. On the floor was Dan wrapped in a blanket. It was just beginning to get light. I creeped across the room and out into the corridor. Looking back over my shoulder to make sure I hadn't woke Dan, I left the door on the latch. The door to my flat was unlocked, I needed to tell Nicole to be more careful, and got my macbook and notebook.

I sat down in the corner and started to remix some tracks together. I chose Blue Jeans by Lana Del Ray for the verses and Counting Stars by OneRepublic for the chorus. After almost an hour it was finished. I'll probably tweak it in a few days but I find it best to leave it and come back to it. I put itunes on shuffle and Vampire Weekend started playing. I smiled at how amazing they are.

Dan's p.o.v

I could hear a soft voice but it was to far away to make out what it was saying. Opening my eyes, I looked to the left to see an empty bed. She probably left me. I wouldn't blame her. I picked up my glasses and went to the living room. As I neared closer, the hum turned into singing. Vampire Weekend A-punk, one of my favourite songs.

I stood at the door frame watching as she sung and tapped the beat. The song finished and she looked up at me. "You're really good" I smiled. She tilted her head down so I couldn't see her blush. I went and sat down beside her.

"Sorry did I wake you?" She asked looking up.

"No I always set an alarm for ten to make sure I'm awake" I replied. "But what are you doing awake so early?" I asked. 

"I decided to be productive" She replied. She clicked on garageband and took out her headphones. Blue Jeans began to play but it had some sounds taken out and some added in. It then went to the chorus of Counting Stars then back to Blue Jeans.

"You did this" I asked. She nodded in reply.

We didn't do much that day. Kyle and Ben, the keyboardist from To Kill A King, came round and we just talked and mucked around. Ben showed Ari how to play some stuff on the keyboard and we made her play us some songs but she wouldn't sing as she said she was really bad.