Chapter 10. High Hopes -Kodaline

Will's p.o.v

I'd just finished my second helping of breakfast when there was a knock at the door. Kyle jumped up and ran to the door.

"Don't ask her to many questions and try not to scare her" Woody said whilst putting some toast in the toaster for Miss Smith.

"I'm not a scary person" He looked at me with a 'figure it out yourself face'. Oh, he was referring to when she ran away from Kyle and Himself yesterday. 

Kyle came back with one of the most beautiful girls i've ever seen. She stopped by the door frame, took of her shoes and neatly placed them next to Dan's pile after putting them all in pairs.

"Sit down, make yourself at home" Kyle said. She walked over to the corner and sat with her legs crossed. An  earphone was dangling from the front of her shirt and the other was hidden in her hair. I went and sat down at the other end of the sofa so I didn't startle her.

"Hey, I'm Will, William Farquarson" She looked at me with wide eyes before smiling slightly "I'm Ari, Ariana Smith" I chuckled lightly as she copied the way I introduced myself.

"What are you listening to?"

"She way out by the 1975" she had good music taste at least. There was an awkward silence when she started to hum the chorus. She finished and asked me about my tattoos. She wasn't as shy as Woody said and I enjoyed her company.

Kyle's p.o.v

Ari seemed a lot more relaxed today. Her and Will were having and intense discussion about tattoos when I received a text message.

Dan: What do you think of her then?

Kyle: She's cool once she gets talking and she said she likes cats :D

Dan: Yeah she had thirteen at one point

Kyle: D= you should defiantly get a cat

Dan: Noooo!! And help me I'm board and Sam won't let me go

Kyle: Okay ;)

"I want to get one that's a box with three sections like paramore" Ariana was saying and drawing it out with eyeliner on her arm. It looked cool but I didn't really understand it.

"Dan's board and is stuck in the studio so I thought we could show Ari how everything works" I said trying not to interrupt the conversation.

"Yeah grab your stuff and well go in ten?" Will said looking towards Ari.

"I'd love to as long as I wouldn't be bothering you" she said looking at her feet and twisting the hem of her shirt in her hand.

"Not at all" Woody said smiling and walking towards the door.

"We'll meet you there" Will said following Woody out of the door.

"I'll be back in a minute I'm just going to change" I said hopping of the sofa and going into Dan's room. He doesn't mind me borrowing his stuff.

Ari's p.o.v

We Were going to surprise Dan and take a look around the studio. I've only been to London once before when I was fourteen with my band. Did I mention me and my three best friends used to be in a band called 'Bad Wolf'. I played guitar and sung lead or backup vocals, Alex played keyboard and guitar, Danny played drums and back up vocals and Josh played bass and sung. We did covers of songs and a few of our own that we had written together. We had a good fandom built up but then Danny moved away to university and some stuff happened (good explanation) and it all went downhill from their. I haven't spoken to J Danny since then but me and Alex were still making music using the samples we recorded before they left.

Flaws began to play. "hello?"

"hello their stranger, did we have a good night yesterday?" Nicole was calling me.

"Yeah, where are you?" I haven't seen her since late last night

"I'm out with a friend and won't be back until late tomorrow so you've got the flat to yourself." Well that was the shortest, most awkward conversation I've had on the phone. Luckily, to avoid embarrassing myself further, Kyle walked out in Dan's wolf shirt.

"ready?" I nodded eagerly, put on my shoes and we were gone. 

Dan's p.o.v

I had no idea what Kyle was planning and I really hope it doesn't have anything to do with cats. Sam kept telling me off for checking my phone and for getting the notes wrong and Mark kept laughing at me. It wasn't my fault I was distracted. I couldn't stop thinking about Ari. She really was the girl version of me.

"Hello? Are you going to do any work today?" Sam's voice echoed through the room.

"Yeah what song?"

"The Draw".

Sam's p.o.v

I don't know what was wrong with Dan today. He kept zoneing out and wouldn't respond to anything. He was late for the first time in a while. He said it was just traffic but he always walks to work. His apartment was a ten minute walk away, if that. I recon this has somthing to do with Kyle. If anything happened it always involved Kyle.

Speaking of the Devil he strode into the recording studio just as Dan was finishing his last line. Well, he'll just have to work twice as fast on Wednesday.  Kyle walked right up to the glass and pressed his lips up against the glass, blowing air into his cheeks. Even if he was a newsense, he made the day pass quicker. I took out my phone and snapped a picture before he had time to react. I'll post it to twitter later.

"Kyle I really love you, but why are you here?" He turned to look at me,

"I was just showing Daniel's lady friend what we do" He said pointing to a corner. That's when I noticed the presence of a fifth person.