Chapter 14. Common Dreads -Enter Shikari

Ari's p.o.v

It's been a week since we moved In. Everyone's been really helpful, especially Dan, at helping to get organized and showing us round. I met Janna, Chrissy and Eva (Kyle, Woody and Will's girlfriends). They're really nice.

Dan says Ralph wants to meet me but i'm scared i'll do something stupid in front of him. That's because you will. He'll think your a freak. I've met Ralph before after a gig but he wont remember me. Bastille haven't recognized me from before so why would anyone else.

I started work today at a cafe that was ten minutes away. Dan had offered to walk me but there was no point. I don't know why he's being so kind. I'm just that girl that lives next door and happens to be a fan.

I walked into the cafe for the first time, Nicole got me the job, she said it was my kind of place. It was beautiful. The chairs and tables were mix and match. There were three sections to them. Metal ones painted white, wicker ones and an assortment of old arm chairs. At the back was a piano. I don't think it had been played in a while. Behind the counter on the left was a girl not much older than me. She waved me over.

"Hi i'm Hannah. You must be Ariana?" She said handing me an apron. I nodded. She explained what to ask people, how to make it and what to do when their was no one around. "We're supposed to clean tables and tidy up but I just listen to music or look on twitter." I like her. She had gingery blonde hair that reached just below her shoulders and piercing green eyes. She had a BMTH top with acid wash skinnies and bracelets on her left arm. She was pretty much me but prettier and cooler and probably smarter and less geeky.

After I finished staring at her flawlessness, I looked around again and realized no one was here except me and Hannah. This was my chance to play a real piano. I sat down and pressed one note. I smiled at how sweet it sounded compared to my second hand keyboard.

"You play?" she asked leaning on the side.

"I'm not very good though" I said, after all it was the truth. She nodded for me to carry on. I started to play Pompeii, the first of many songs Alex, my best friend and legal guardian, taught me to play.

I smiled as I thought of Alex. He adopted me when he turned eighteen and I was tirteen so I wasn't alone in the care home. My smile faltered as I heard the door chime.

"I'll get it, you can carry on" she said gesturing towards an elderly couple walking in. 

"Thanks" I said as I continued to play. I got through Pompeii, Of The Night and Best Song Ever before someone else came in. I walked over to the counter and stood by Hannah. "I'll get this one" I smiled and she walked to the toilets.

Sam's p.o.v

Dan was back at work today. He seemed more focused than last week but he still wasn't working to his full ability. He wouldn't stop talking Ari either. I think he only came in because she was working. He'd have gone with her if she'd have let him by the sound of it. By the end of the day, we had almost made up for last week. 

Before going home I decided to get a coffee from a cafe that was in between home and work. I walked in to see Hannah cleaning the tables. She looked up and smiled. "The usual?" She asked "Yeah" I said taking a newspaper from the pile next to the door and sitting down at my usual table.

She walked over with two cups and sat one down in front of me and took a seat.

"Busy day?" I ask taking a sip of my steaming hot coffee.

"Not really, just training the new one" She said. I looked around but there was no one else here. "I sent her home early but you'll see her tomorrow" I finished my drink then went home.