Leon's Ending

Leon's Song: "Fall for You" by Secondhand Serenade

"Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you
Over again
Don't make me change my mind
"

[♥]

(read the bottom of this for a *super important note* about a possible upcoming series somewhat related to Chasing/Cheating Destiny)

[♥]

TWO YEARS LATER

The soft glow emitting from the purple sky over Hollow Bastion gives the town a familiar warmth you've grown used to seeing. Ever since the end of the war, give or take five months where you lived amongst your friends in the Land of Departure, you've been here.

Well, not Hollow Bastion. The world's now officially going by Radiant Garden, and you're happy to admit that the name fits fully. The world is beautiful, serene, and everything you could ever want. People are always smiling, the sun always shines, and the world smells of freshly cut grass and sweet foods from the shops littered about the Marketplace.

Life with Leon is nothing short of perfect. Living in peace has given the typically serious man a softer edge, to the point that he'll even roast s'mores and watch cheesy romance movies with you without complaint. He's still gruff and stubborn, but would he be Leon if he were any other way?

You both live in your old apartment, which you're starting to outgrow. He's pushing you to start looking at homes just outside of the castle walls, but the thought of living far away from the hustle and bustle of the city makes you anxious. So, for now, you stay in the city in your cozy apartment – just you, him, and the engraved black wedding ring on your left ring finger.

And Yuffie and Cid, when they're desperate to avoid cooking and instead leech off of your groceries.

As they're doing tonight.

"I think you're burning it," Yuffie tells you boredly as she watches the marinara sauce simmer in a pot on the stove.

"Too hard for you to stir?" Leon asks her as you get up to do just that, a wooden spoon in your hand as you stir the boiling liquid.

"Yes," Yuffie replies with a bat of her eyelashes.

"Ya ingrate," Cid chastises with a barking laugh.

She maturely sticks her tongue out at him as Leon rolls his eyes and you stifle a giggle and turn down the heat.

Truthfully, you don't mind doing a lot of the cooking. Your job provides a good amount of free time, as does Leon's. While Ven, Terra, and Aqua had re-built the special school for Keybearers in their old world, you and Leon would help to ferry kids there. Leon always joked that it's been his calling to help Keybearers ever since that fateful day when he found Sora meandering around Traverse Town.

"Dinner's ready!" you announce, pouring the finished sauce into a large bowl with a serving spoon.

You walk it towards the dining table, placing it on the tablecloth next to a large bowl filled with noodles. It's hardly an exciting meal, but you just got back from assisting a kid from Agrabah to the Land of Departure, so you're a little exhausted.

"It smells good," Leon tells you, standing behind you as he rests a hand on the small of your back.

"Thanks," you tell him, glancing up to shoot him a small grin.

He looks like an entirely different person, so relaxed and at peace right now. It's enough to make your heart soar, as if no time has passed at all.

"Love you," he adds, leaning down to press his lips to the side of your head as he moves away from you and towards his seat.

You intercept, grabbing his wrist and pulling him into the kitchen and away from two very prying eyes. Before he can ask what you're doing, you give his arm a tug and crash your lips against his. In less than a second his hands are hungrily on you, holding you against him as his lips work seamlessly against yours.

No matter how much may change in your lives, you know your passion for him will never die... just as his for you is always there, simmering like a flame that's always threatening to ignite.

And it never changes.

[♥]

SO...

I know lots of you have been asking if I'd do a third part to the Chasing/Cheating Destiny series. My answer is still no, as I think it's ended pretty much perfectly.

But.

I do have an idea for a new series that would be similar but also very different. Something about the new trailer they dropped (ALSO SIDE NOTE HOW TF HAS NO ONE MENTIONED THAT VANITAS IS GONNA BE IN KH3?????) popped an idea into my head that I just can't shake. It's super fun and different and would anyone be interested in reading something like that? I can provide more details, if need be ^_^