Halloween Town [Axel]

A/N: I know, I know. I gave Axel the best world.

Here's some proof I'm not just biased for Vanny and Zack! ;D

<>

"So," Axel greets, sliding a orb down his arm before he flicks his wrist, sending it soaring into the air before he snatches it in his hand. "We're heading out together, right?"

"Is that a statement, or a question?" you ask as Axel raises his free hand and creates a portal.

"Both," he replies before nudging you forward with his shoe.

You stumble forward a bit from the action, glancing over your shoulder to narrow your eyes at him before you march towards the portal and step inside. Darkness swirls around you as it closes, embracing the two of you as you're thrust into nothing.

After a few seconds and an odd tingling sensation taking over your body, you pop out in the middle of the Town Square. You glance down, sighing when you realize you're back to being a ghost floating in the air and wearing all white.

"An angel and the devil. Seems appropriate, don't it?" Axel muses.

You look over at him, stifling a laugh at the devil's horn protruding out of his forehead and the black and red cape covering his all black suit. The cherry on top is the red-horned tail protruding out of black slacks.

"I'm not an angel," you reply, deciding not to mock his horns and/or tail.

"Mm, looks that way from where I'm standing," he retorts, a surprisingly innocent look on his face as he stares over at you. Unfortunately for him, your gaze is stuck on the sky, seemingly ignoring him. "[Name]? Did you hear me?" he adds as he steps next to you.

You wordlessly point up, and Axel follows your finger to stare up in awe at the swirling beacon shooting from the sky towards the ground in the distance, just past a sloping hill.

"Shit. Let's go," Axel decides, nodding along as he starts to hurry in the direction of the beacon.

You follow after him, floating behind him like a shadow. He glances over his shoulder at you with a small smile.

"Having fun back there?" he asks.

"Beats walking," you reply with a grin.

Axel chuckles a bit, holding open a metal gate and stepping aside to let you head in first. You could just float through the metal, but you instead give him your thanks and float past him. It's eerily silent, as if the entire world is abandoned as the two of you make your way through the entrance of a large cemetery.

"This is kinda creepy," you speak up, looking up at Axel as he pauses in front of a white stone coffin. He taps on the coffin, and you jump as it slides open, revealing an empty slab of concrete. "Isn't that illegal to riffle through a grave?"

Axel rolls his eyes before pointing in.

"It's the only way to get to that," he tells you, nodding to the ever-expanding beacon in the distance.

You grumble and gripe under your breath before you head inside of the coffin. A trap door opens, and you sigh as you sink down into the darkness. Thankfully, the pale light glowing from your body brightens the narrow path as you follow it. You can hear Axel complaining and wriggling around behind you. For once you're glad you're see-through – saves you from having to crawl like a snake.

The ceiling finally cracks open, the brisk night's air pouring inside. You float up, stretching your arms out in the air once you're back outside.

"Ahhhh, much better," you groan, cracking your back as you glance at the beacon. "You're right, we're really close now."