When Two Become One

Almost at the end :(

-quick shameless self promotion-

I'm starting to plot out my next series, so I figured I'd give a quick update on that~

BOC options I've already "cast" are: Noctis, Ven, Roxas, Vanitas, Riku. I'm still trying to figure out where to put my Zacky (-_-) but I can really only handle 1 more option. Or else it's gonna take away from the plot too much, imo.

Getting it out of the way that Sora won't be an option. Nothing against the adorable little brownie and I love him to pieces, but he's just so sweet and innocent. I just can't picture him in the story I'm creating. So sorry guys :(

But, I'm leaving the rest up to you – who should take the last space?

Axel

Reno

Cloud

Prompto

Just leave a comment either here or at the end letting me know ^_^

-end of shameless self promotion-

Part 4 of ???

<♥>

As Aqua takes a moment to catch her breath, it's as if time – briefly – stands still. Each second feels like an hour, probably due to the worrying effect of exhaustion taking over her body. But her mind's racing faster than she can keep up with, as she scans the battlefield from her partially hidden position behind a large boulder. So many memories flash before her eyes, one after another, as a time long past returns momentarily to the present.

She remembers having to find a warm, safe place where Ven could rest after he slipped into a state of never-ending sleep once his heart shattered. She remembers the feeling of her own heart fracturing as she fell to the darkness, believing she'd never be back to wake Ven up, effectively trapping him for eternity in his sleep.

Yet here he is, right in front of her, shouting out orders with Sora as they team up to take on a frustratingly powerful Marluxia, who's gliding between them like a dancer, each swing of his scythe looking like an effortless dance.

Ven's somehow grown taller than her now, during his years of slumber. He's older, no longer the little kid who'd follow her around like a lost puppy searching desperately for a sense of belonging. So is Sora. No more is he the goofy boy she once saw on an empty beach, with a heart filled of light. Somehow, they're both safe, and fighting, and strong.

It gives her an odd sense of pride.

So does watching Riku, the calm boy gifted with the powers of the Keyblade by Terra. She can still vividly recall watching him run past her into the Realm of Darkness without a thought for his well-being, dread overcoming her at the sight. No one should have to experience the hell of the Realm. And yet, he did.

But thankfully, he didn't inherit everything from Terra. He beat the darkness, enough so that he's able to use it now as he fights off Saix's wildly swinging claymore. The sight fills her with hope, of Terra's ability to use the same strength of Terra.

Terra...

Her oldest friend. Her best friend. She had done everything to keep him safe, and keep the old demons from returning. But she failed him once more, she realizes with a frown as she watches him from his place across the graveyard.