Zack Fair

[ONE YEAR LATER]

"Zack Fair, SOLDIER First Class," Sephiroth calls out into his microphone.

"Yes, Sir!" Zack responds as he runs up onto the stage, standing proudly with his hands clasped behind his back.

The entire audience explodes into cheers, and he waves quickly at them before Sephiroth taps on the microphone to regain control of the stadium.

"We are here today to honor your bravery and exploits on behalf of SOLDIER," Sephiroth begins. "You, Zack Fair, are so much stronger than Angeal."

"Ugh, finally someone admits it," Zack agrees with a roll of his eyes.

"You are so much smarter than Genesis," Sephiroth continues, "and someone needs to tell him that reading poetry is lame."

"It feels good to have that acknowledged, thank you," Zack replies.

"You've saved Cloud's life so many times, he's practically in your debt for eternity."

"Hey, that's true!"

"You're the best kisser of all time."

"Sephy, I told you that in confidence," you scold from the wings of the stage with a small smile.

"Sorry, [Name]," Sephiroth apologizes with a glance towards you. "And you are so skilled in battle, you just might be better than me someday."

"Well, let's not go crazy now," Zack laughs, waving a hand in front of him. "Actually... Yeah, you know what, that's probably true, too. So thanks!"

"Therefore, we are bestowing the great honor of labeling you, Zack Fair, the best SOLDIER of all time!" Sephiroth announces.

The stadium erupts in cheers and applause as a lowly Third Class places a diamond-encrusted golden crown on top of Zack's head. He laughs and smiles out at the crowd as they throw roses and flowers onto the stage. He glances to the side, practically beaming when he spots you running towards him.

"I'm so proud of you!" you exclaim, throwing yourself into his arms. "I think you deserve a little treat, huh?"

You start to rip off his shirt, running your hands down his chest as you lean forward and press your lips against his. The stadium devolves into chants of his name as you giggle and reach for the zipper of his pants.

Zack chuckles darkly in his sleep as he turns over, grabbing your sleeping figure and pulling you against him.

You charge forward, a bright red Struggle bat in your hand. Seifer is standing on the other side of the court, his stupid black beanie covering his dirty blond hair.

"You can't win, [Name]!" he exclaims, starting to run too.

The game is currently tied, 99 to 99. Two lone blue balls lie in the middle of the court, just waiting to be taken by you. Seifer reaches for them just as you fly forward. Using all of your strength you reach out, extending your arm towards the male. Your bat collides with his stomach, sending him flying backwards. He skids along the ground, knocked unconscious, as blue balls explode around him. The buzzer sounds, and the Sandlot erupts into cheers.

"And our new Struggle champion, the best we've ever seen, is: [Name]!" the announcer shouts over the roar.

You laugh as you spot Zack running towards you lifting you up into his arms.

"I'm so proud of you!" he exclaims, grinning widely. "I think you deserve a little treat, eh?"

With you still in his arms he leans forward, pressing his lips to yours in a rough kiss. The Sandlot devolves into chants of your name as you giggle and reach down to rip off his shirt... Until suddenly your chest starts to tighten uncomfortably.