Castle of Dreams [Ven]

A/N: Ven is /not/ about to become an option.

... Yet.

DON'T JUDGE ME, YOU GUYS. I LOVE VEN, OK? AND IF VANI GETS TO BE ADDED THEN DAMN IT I'M ADDING VEN TOO.

What's one more option anyway, there's already 11 in this series lmao XD

He's not about to become another Vanitas wiggling his way in, though. This is definitely going to run very differently than the rest of the guys, which I'm super excited for! I'm leaving it up to you guys if he's officially added to the roster or not. So let me know your thoughts!

<>

While you had been distracted staring off at the beacon in the distance, almost everyone had already left on their own missions, leaving just four of you – not including Cid – behind. Terra and Aqua were chatting closely, chuckling and cracking jokes together, as you watched with a small frown, holding onto your bruised wrist. Those amber eyes were sealed into your memory like a virus.

"Yo."

You glance up, wiping the frown from your face when you spot Ven staring down excitedly at you. He has a gray and blue helmet/face mark combo clutched in his hands.

"Why are you giving me that look?" you ask nervously, knowing nothing good can come from a meddling Ven.

"How else would I look at my partner?" he retorts with a breezy laugh.

"Oh. You wanna team up?" you guess with a smile and a nod. "Sounds good to me."

Part of you was hoping to head out with Terra to keep an eye on him and privately warn him of what happened earlier, but Ven would be more fun than that trainwreck. Plus, who can turn down those wide blue eyes? You certainly aren't immune.

"Yesss," Ven celebrates with a pump of his fist before tossing you the helmet. "C'mon," he adds, nodding over his shoulder as he turns around and heads towards the door.

"Why are we going outside?" you ask, glancing back at Terra and Aqua as they wave goodbye.

"To get my ride, of course," Ven replies excitedly, taking the stairs down two at a time.

"You mean, a Gummi Ship?"

"Ohoho. Dear, sweet, foolish little [Name]," Ven mocks as he kicks open the front door, catching it with his hand as he holds it open for you. "Not a Gummi Ship."

"Is it a piggy back ride?" you tease.

"You wish."

He reaches a hand up, smacking the armor on his shoulder. You're momentarily blinded by the bright light that shoots off of him, especially since the sky is so dark, forcing you to shut your eyes and glance away.

"Nice, the adjustments worked!"

You blink your eyes open and drop your arm to glance up at Ven. Standing where he had been is an armored individual, covered from head to toe with sleek, gray-and-green armor.

"What the hell is that?" you ask in shock, starting to circle around him.

"My old armor! It didn't fit since I grew so much after the last time I wore it, so Cid made some alterations. Cool, huh?" he asks, placing his hands on his hips as he puffs his chest out.

"Why does it have ears?" you ask with a small laugh as you pat the top of his head, watching as he deflates a bit.

"They aren't ears," he argues haughtily.