A Day In The Life

A/N: A Reader-less chapter!

When I say "final arc," I don't mean the finale is right around the corner. This is just the beginning of the final main plot line. Lots more is coming, promise :3

Really dying to hear comments about this one~

<>

It's quiet in Castle Oblivion, the halls empty and rooms silent as everyone is either gone, sleeping, or working in peace. Only one is lurking through the corridors, not making a peep beyond the sound of his boots hitting the hard floor as he winds and weaves through the castle towards the basement. He's not moving fast or slow, taking his time as he jogs down the staircase.

Once he's outside of the lab he punches in the code – yes, it's still 1-2-3-4 because yes, they are that inept – and steps inside, glancing back as the metal door seals shut behind him. As soon as he's sure no one followed him, he marches towards the computer sitting against the wall and rests a hand on the desk as he leans closer to it.

He taps the keyboard, immediately greeted with a password-protected screen. With a shrug he types in 1-2-3-4 again, rolling his eyes as the computer unlocks and he has full access.

"Morons," Vanitas mutters under his breath as he slides into the seat and starts to comb through everything saved on the computer.

Most of it's pointless, or completely goes over his head (he's not a scientist, okay?) but he finally pauses as he comes across a file labeled "Terra." Ignoring how dumb it is to actually label a file in such an obvious manner if you're trying to take over the worlds, he clicks on it and hundreds of files fly open on the screen.

"The shit I do for her," he sighs in pathetic realization before opening the first file and leaning back, preparing for a long night.

[HOURS LATER]

"Y'know what I've realized," Larxene speaks up, glancing at the youngest Nobody next to her. [Na-x-me] lowers her book on her lap, glancing up at the frowning blonde. They're seated in the library, near the open door leading to the hallway as they spend the early morning reading. "Demyx hasn't been around in months."

"Maybe he died," [Na-x-me] suggests.

They both share a laugh at the idea before the sound of incoming footsteps distracts them. They glance up just in time to see Vanitas shuffling past, yawning tiredly. His skin looks more pale than usual, like he stayed up all night.

"Looks like someone had a late night," Larxene calls out after him.

"Yeah, with your mom."

Vanitas' cackling laughter fills the hall as Larxene rolls her eyes and starts to grumble about how he's an insufferable prick. She notices [Na-x-me] isn't joining in, so she looks over at her. Her face is slightly flushed as she sinks down in her seat, staring out the doorway into the empty hall.

"[Na-x-me], you're kinda cool, but seriously – grow up," Larxene snaps, slamming her book on the table as she leans forward, now capturing the Nobody's attention. "You have a mission to do."

"I know that," [Na-x-me] replies haughtily. "A mission with him, I'll remind you."

"I'll prepare the wedding invites," Larxene notes dryly before she picks up her book and flips it open.

"Thanks!" [Na-x-me] responds with a falsely cheery tone before she summons a portal underneath her, disappearing into darkness.

In a few seconds she's standing in the middle of Vanitas' room. She's only been inside a handful of times, but it's always maddeningly clean, with not a speck out of order. He's a neat freak of the highest order, likely out of his desperation to maintain complete and total control over everything he touches.