Liberated

A Roxas and Axel bro-time chapter. This was long overdue XD

*~First person to catch the FRIENDS reference gets a free oneshot with their BOC~*

[♥]

For the first time in days, you finally had a nightmare-free sleep.

Sadly, that perfect sleep was punctured when you're haphazardly grabbed by around the ankles and pulled out of bed like a rag doll. Your eyes snap open, likely looking a little like a wild animal, as you glance at your surroundings. You're dangling upside down, your knuckles brushing against the floor.

"Angeal," you whine, recognizing his shoes as you start to struggle free. "Not now, I'm so tired..."

He flips you upright like you weigh less than a pound before dropping you to your feet so he can cross his arms over his chest and give you the most intimidating look possible.

"You wanted my help, right?" he asks quietly, so as not to wake anyone in the room. You sigh before conceding with a nod. "Then go get ready and don't complain."

"Yes, sir," you grumble as you stomp out of the room.

"And drop the attitude!" he hisses after you with a chuckle as you grit your teeth in annoyance.

After brushing your teeth you throw on some running clothes and head out into the kitchen, figuring a shower is pointless right now. Although you could do without the violent early-morning assault, it's not an unpleasant morning. Sleep had wiped away the cobwebs clouding your mind, and you felt a little dumb for actually thinking your dreams were real, or a sign of things to come.

They're just dreams, nothing more...

"Catch," you hear Riku open the second you open the kitchen door.

Naturally, your response is to scramble out of the way as you see something flying right towards you, causing the piece of toast flung your way to hit the ground with a sad 'splat.'

"Nice job," he adds with a laugh as you pick it up and fling it into the trash.

"Who throws food at someone?" you ask with a roll of your eyes as you head towards the toaster to plop your own piece of bread inside.

"Who runs away from toast?" he retorts.

Too tired to come up with a witty retort, you instead reach out your leg and kick him (lightly) in the calf as he walks past you. Without skipping a beat he raises a hand and pulls your hair, smirking as you try (and fail) to trip him before he slides safely into a seat.

"Now, now, children," Reno scolds, trying to act mature as he looks up from his newspaper and takes a sip of coffee. "No fighting."

"He started it," you argue, pointing down at a shrugging Riku.

"I thought she had better reflexes – ow," he trails off with a groan as you 'accidentally' hit him with your elbow when you walk past him with your half-toasted slice of bread. "You're extra fussy today."

"Nah," you reply as you start to spread [whatever you want] over your toast. "I just feel a little more back to normal."

"That's good," Riku tells you with a nod and a smile, watching as you continue to aggressively pile [whatever you want] on your toast.

"Yeah, it's nice seeing you not moping around," Reno adds cheerily.

"... Thanks," you mutter dryly as you glance up at him.