Escalation

A/N: SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. I was in finals (ewwww) but now I'm all done and frrreeee~

I was gonna wait until the finale/epilogue to cover this, but I get A LOT of questions about Vanitas and whether Reader is cheating on her [BOC] in his results. The short answer: yes, she is. It'll all be covered in the epilogue, but there's no fights or drama waiting at the end of the road so just don't think about it too much :3 And if you hate Vanny/he isn't one of your choices, just ignore his results. They only add to character development at this point, not the plot, so you won't be missing anything.

Though honestly, is there anyone reading this who isn't a Vanny fan yet? XD

ALSO, since you guys are literally the reason I do this series, I want you to decide what happens next: Does the gang split up into small groups and travel around some worlds together? Or do I make 11 chapters, with Reader and BOC tackling one world together as extra long results?

I'm leaning towards the latter but it's up to you :3 shoot me a message or leave me a comment below!

~End rant~

The first thing Terra sees is an empty white room. His head aches and his eyes burn from the blaring brightness of the stark white walls. He slowly glances to the right, trying to place his surroundings, but his orientation is further limited as each blink of his eyes causes another drawing to appear on the walls of the room. He takes a step back, staring in awe as his life is slowly played out before him, depicted in colorful crayon drawings. He and Aqua training with Master Eraqus, Ven following him around like a lost puppy, him standing at the edge of a cliff, his hair gray and eyes amber...

A hand reaches out, his finger sliding down the image as his eyes narrow in confusion.

"Hello, Terra."

He jumps, peering over his shoulder. Sitting at the head of a long white table is a smiling girl with long blonde hair and wearing a thin white dress.

"My name is Naminé. It's a pleasure to meet you," she continues, resting a hand over her heart as she watches him.

"Naminé...? Where are we?" he asks as he turns around to fully face her.

"We are in my world. I've been sent here to speak with you," she tells him before gesturing to a chair that appears out of thin air on the opposite side of the table. "Please, have a seat."

Terra stares over at the girl for a moment, conflicted and confused. Something is telling him to ignore her and try to run away... but he instead acquiesces, stepping forward and pulling out the chair before taking a seat. His forearms rest on the table as he leans over, his back slightly hunched as he gazes across the room at her.

"Do you want your memories back?"

"Huh? My memories?" Terra repeats, his bright blue eyes expanding as he speaks.

In all of the questions in the world, this is about the last one he was expecting to hear.

The girl giggles, hiding her smile behind her fingers.

"Yes, your memories," she agrees, dropping the hand down to the table. "I am the one who took them from you. I can give them back, if you wish."