Growing Darkness

A/N: What's that? I finally added an actual plot?

WHY YES, I DID xD

Just hoping I can pull it all off~

Edited to Add: I'm posting a series on here that I wrote ages ago, "Destiny High." It's the basis for the chapters in this series where [Name] is stuck on Destiny Islands. But it's fun and I personally love it so please go check it out on my page :D <3 I'll love you forever~

~Alex

<<>><<>><<>><<>>

As soon as you appear in the connected room from where you're assuming the noise originated, you're blown backwards by a sharp strike to the stomach. You fall on your back, skidding a bit on the rough, rocky ground. With a groan, you crawl to a seated position and rest a hand over your throbbing abdomen as you take the opportunity to look around.

You're seated in a large room filled with shimmering gold coins, trinkets, vases, jewels... For a moment, you're entranced by the sight – until you realize the room is filled with a seemingly never-ending hoard of Heartless and Nobodies pouring in through a floating orb of darkness smack in the middle of the farthest wall.

There's no sign of any humans, and for a moment you wonder if the noise you heard was just a Nobody knocking over a vase.

A flash of silver gains your attention, and with a gasp you quickly roll out of the way as a curved sword slashes towards you. The awful sound of metal clashing with rock rings in your ears as you jump to your feet, stumbling forward a bit down narrow stairs. You can feel the sword bearing down on you from behind, so you push your arm back and blast a stream of flames towards the Heartless. Glancing over your shoulder, you manage to catch a glimpse of the creature vanishing into black smoke.

"Still got it," you murmur with a small smile, glancing down at your hand before running towards a narrow doorway on the other side of the room.

You blast Heartless and Nobodies with lightning as they swarm in around you, hurrying through the doorway. You're standing atop a dark stairway that leads into a circular room with intricate pillars lining the walls. The ground dips down slightly in the center of the room, and across from you is a tall, stone platform. You can just barely make out an unconscious body with dark brown hair strewn out atop the platform – Terra.

Your heart soars, a wide smile growing on your face as you tear down the stairway and across the room, carefully avoiding a shallow puddle of water trapped in the lowered portion of the room. Reaching the platform, you frown as you search for a way up. You step back a bit, readying yourself before you jump in the air. Your hands fall down to your side, a burst of wind escaping your palms as you're given an extra boost.

You shriek as the wind stops, flailing through the air before you land rather ungracefully on your side.

"Ow," you mutter, rubbing your sore shoulder as you sit up.

Your eyes widen when you spot Terra lying there. His head's resting on its side, his eyes closed. He looks like he's sleeping. You crawl towards him, kneeling beside him as you slowly reach towards his face. Pushing aside how gross and invasive it feels, you carefully open one of his eyes.