Port Royal [Zack]

A/N: Thanks for the 1,000 votes on this series you guys!!!!! Proud authoress over here!

What better way to celebrate than with my favorite~? Plus a lot of you guys requested this world so I got to make it super long >:D

Davy Jones is also great and his theme song is legit the best, would def recommend listening to while reading <3

<>

"I hope you don't think you're going with anyone else..."

You pause your ministrations of the orb resting in your palm, glancing up to see Zack standing before you with a goofy grin on his face.

"Actually, I think Cloud's calling me over..." you muse, glancing towards the blond who's busy chatting with Leon.

You release a soft laugh as Zack rolls his eyes and reaches forward to grab you, hauling you over his shoulder as he turns to face a chuckling Axel.

"Y'know, [Name], I think you're really gonna love this world," Axel tells you as he raises a hand and creates a portal.

You peer up from Zack's shoulder, eyes widening at the dangerous glint in Axel's bright green eyes.

"No, Zack, don't go in," you beg as he starts to walk.

But you're too late; darkness engulfs you as he takes the final step into the portal. The last thing you see is Axel waving at you mockingly with his fingers before the portal closes and you're greeted by darkness. With a sigh you drop your head back down on Zack's back, running a pointer finger down the large sword strapped to his back next to you. As the darkness swirls around you, he starts to drum his fingers on your back and whistle a tune to himself. It's actually pretty catchy.

Before you know it the portal dissipates, and you frown when your surroundings stay almost as dark as the portal had been.

Were you too late?

You look up once again from Zack's back to try and sneak a peek at where exactly you are. All you can make out is an old brick building and the smell of salt and fish in the air.

You freeze, a look of horrified realization flashing over your face.

Meanwhile, Zack's staring ahead of him with glee at the open ocean stretching as far as the eye can see.

The ships. The rowdy yelling coming from below. The smell of dirt and booze mixing together to create an intoxicating aroma of pure masculinity.

"Oh no..." you groan, resting a hand on your forehead.

"Fuck yes! [Name]! Pirates!!" Zack yells excitedly, jostling you around from your perching place on his shoulder as he shakes you.

"I'm gonna kill Axel," you grumble through gritted teeth.

"Oh yeah, don't you get sea sick?" Zack remembers with a laugh as he starts to walk towards the town in the distance.

"Very much so. I can walk," you swiftly add as he starts to jog down the stone staircase, furthering your torture as your stomach rams into his shoulder.

"Whoops. Sorry little monkey," he laughs as he comes to a stop and slides you down his chest and onto the ground.

You rest a hand over your already sore stomach, relieved to finally be standing on your own two feet.

"So, now what?" you ask, slowly following him as he takes the stairs two at a time.

"Find the Keyhole," he replies as if it's simple. "Where d'you suppose it is?" he adds once you meet him at the grassy ground beneath the stairs. His hands rest on your shoulders as he leans down closer to you. "A pirate ship? Treasure chest? Some exotic island??"