Naminé

The next couple chapters are just going to be "fun" ~ There's a reason for all of this, and it furthers the main plot! But for now, enjoy :3

And merry belated Christmas!

-------------------------------------

The rest of the day was a strange blur, conversations and class time blending together in such a way that makes their memories confusingly merge. Now, as you follow everyone on your walks home, you actually find yourself relaxing. The peacefulness is intoxicating, a welcomed reprieve.

"You guys should have seen poor [Name] fending off Seifer in Xaldin's class today," Riku states with a chuckle.

The mention of your name causes you to drift back into the ongoing conversation. You glance back at the silver-haired male, rolling your eyes dramatically at the memory. It sadly made sense that Seifer is here as well; nothing can ever be too perfect, after all.

"Not as bad as all of those girls following you around during lunch," Sora points out teasingly, earning a glare and a light shove from Riku.

You start to laugh, though you're cut short when your gaze is inexplicitly drawn away from your friends. Standing in the distance near the ocean is the same strange girl you saw earlier. A lazy breeze is gently blowing her dress and hair backwards as she watches the crashing waves on the beach. She looks angelic. Something is drawing you to her, like a moth to the flame. You must speak to her, now.

"Shoot, I just remembered I left something back at school," you blurt out, coming to a stop as you turn to everyone. "See you guys tomorrow?"

"Uhhhh, sure?" Axel agrees.

Before he's done speaking you've already taken off, running towards the intriguing stranger.

"Hey, you're going the wrong way!" you hear Roxas call out to you, but you merely wave a hand dismissively, your eyes locked on the girl.

You can feel them watching you with curious gazes but you keep moving, jogging forward. As you get closer, you realize that the girl has a sketchbook resting on her forearm as she draws gracefully, a thin pencil grasped between her delicate and pale fingers. You slow down, suddenly unsure of your intrusion. Would she find you strange, running up and bothering her as she draws in peace?

Before you can escape, she glances over her shoulder. Her bright blue eyes lock with yours, a small smile on her face as a tinge of pink rises to her cheeks. You instantly come to a stop, mesmerized.

"I've been waiting for you, [Name]," she says, her voice a soft whisper against the sound of crashing waves.

She's young, maybe a few years younger than you, and looks nothing but innocent. Her smile is carefree, unburdened.

"Who are you?" you ask, taking a step towards her. A chill runs through your toes, and you glance down to notice you stepped right into the water, which has soaked through your shoes to your socks. Somehow, the water avoided her. "And how do you know my name?"

"I know everything," she tells you, turning her body so that she's fully facing you. She hides her notebook behind her back, slowly rocking on her heels. "I know who you are. What you're destined to become. Your struggle to avoid that fate."

Your voice is caught in your throat as you watch her with a sudden feeling of distrust. She continues to smile, as if she can see right through you.

"Don't worry, I don't mean you harm," she adds, holding out a hand.

You stare at her hand, marveling at how smooth and unblemished her skin is, before you hesitantly place your hand in hers. Her fingers lightly wrap around yours, her skin warm to the touch. Her smile grows.