13:7

A/N: So I freaking hate Xehanort. A lot. I tried to avoid adding him but he's an excellent bad guy and by far the darkest aspect of KH.

He freaking sucks though, there's like 50 versions of him and I have no clue wtf is going on with the Young version of him they added in Dream Drop Distance so, whatever, the main version of Xehanort I'm using is the old bastard from BBS and long story short I hate him *end rant*

This chapter is LONG but after all the teasing, I figure I'd give you guys a break and just lay it all out there :3

<>

The first thing you feel is searing pain as your eyes slowly flutter open. Your head is pounding, and your entire body just plain hurts, like you fell down a mountain. You groan a bit, resting a hand on your forehead as you try to curl up in a ball, only for two arms to wrap around you, giving you a momentary sense of stability.

"You're up!"

Your face is suddenly smooshed in someone's chest, and you realize you're half-cradled in the lap of whoever's giving you a death hug. You're able to make out the same dark green shirt Ven was wearing earlier, and despite your confusion manage to put two-and-two together.

"... Venny?" you guess.

When he doesn't respond you pull back, spotting him staring down at you with an embarrassed smile.

"Hey," he greets sheepishly, loosening his hold on you as you sit up straight.

"Where are we? What happened?" you ask, placing your hand on your forehead once more as your headache returns with a vengeance.

All you can make out is a purplish-pink room, with thick bars covering one of the walls. Great...

"Well... I don't know, honestly," Ven admits with a laugh, and you deadpan at his good-natured attitude. "Terra and Vanitas, they snapped..."

He trails off, clearing his throat and rubbing your back as your face falls and you remember just why you're in so much pain.

"Vanny," you murmur sadly, raising a finger to your lip. "God, this hurts."

Ven lifts a hand, his thumb brushing over your split lip. The blood's dried by now, but the gash still looks angry.

"Yeah, he basically faceplanted you. It was kinda funny... I mean, would have been funny, if not for... y'know..."

"Nice save," you note dryly.

"Anyway!" Ven interrupts you, squeezing you to try and cheer you up. "Now we're here."

"Yeah, but where is 'here'?" you ask suspiciously.

"The Organization's stronghold, I think," he responds with a nod. "I don't know, they just left us in here. I didn't ask questions."

"... You came willingly?"

He pauses at your question, the smile finally leaving his face as his lips turn down in a displeased frown.

"Yeah. I panicked. They were going to kill you, [Name], I wouldn't have been able to hold them both off," he reasons as a look of horror flashes over your face.

"Then you should have left me behind! I'm not worth being stuck here, waiting to die anyway!" you exclaim, smacking him lightly in the chest. "What do you think they're gonna do to you, Ven – they've already tortured you!"

"Like I said, I panicked," Ven tells you, his tone soft as he raises his knees up to give you some extra support and hold you in place. "My best friend was threatening to kill me, and... I just wanted to keep you safe."