Chapter 12- Nightmares

This chapter is dedicated to Persuasion, a new author here on Wattpad. She's writing a book called "The Crimson Hat" and if you like my books than you will definitely love hers. I urge you to check out her story, it only has two chapters so far, the summary is below!

"For someone who likes to know everything about other people, you aren't very comfortable with being analyzed yourself."

"Maybe I like being a mystery," I said. He was too close. Too close for comfort. The only person that I have not been able to find anything about or find on demand.

"Or maybe you just like the chase," he said. "Or is it just me that you like chasing you?"

"Come and find out." And with that, the lights went out.

Hope you enjoyed that now on to the next chapter!

Chapter 12

Date: April 18th

Location: Bedroom

Time: 3:14 a.m.

The crash immediately had me upright in my bed with a cold sweat coated across my entire body. I quieted my breathing and heard very small sounds below, it was too quiet for me to guess what was going on, but I sincerely doubted that it was one of the others up.

I slipped out of bed and grabbed one of the guns Valentin had given me before opening my door slowly. I strained to hear any more noise, but there was nothing that I could hear of. Maybe it was a trick, or I was just hearing odd things like Aunt Gi always said she did in the early morning. An odd smell wafted up my nose and knew that this would either be one hell of a hallucination or someone was actually in the house.

I checked to see the gun was loaded before clicking off the safety, my nerves on edge. I walked down each step one by one making sure to not make any of the steps creak. I made it to the first level of the house without making a noise and the smell was now invading my lungs and making it increasingly hard to breathe.

 Light shone from the living room and soft music that sounded like country was playing. Another smell mixed with the first one and it seemed very familiar. I gripped the gun tighter as I edged towards the door way of the living room when I noticed a body on the floor.

Forgetting about the fact that there might be someone in the house I ran to the body and slid on my knees until I reached them. I put down the gun and turned them over and found what the second smell was, blood.

Matt looked up at me with eyes still showing mirth and a small smile was still etched across his face. He looked happy, like it didn’t hurt when he died but his wound made me wonder how he was still smiling. All his limbs were broken and there was a huge gash in his stomach but the fatal ones were at the main artery points, someone let him bleed out.

I heard chuckling and I whirled around making sure to grab the gun and pointed it at the source of the sound. A familiar blonde was sitting on a blood soaked chair, but looked completely clean despite the mess around him. He was smoking another cigarette and used Fran and Iris’s lifeless bodies as a stool to rest his feet on.

Despite blood covering almost every inch of the room everything looked normal and was in place. My eyes reached the couch when I finally saw the only person that could beat Levi.

Valentin was sitting very still with at least 10 snakes that I knew were very poisonous slithering across him and around every available inch of his skin. For the first time he looked frightened and from behind the tape that was covering his mouth I could hear his protests and urges for me to leave.