Chapter 2- Memories

Dedicated to SammySingally for editing my work!

Chapter 2

Date: April 1

Location: Beach

Time: 7:41 p.m.

I barely had time to breathe before he picked me up and squeezed me in a tight hug. My heart faltered at seeing someone I hadn’t seen for almost two years. He had brought back good memories but I saddened when I remembered who he really was.

Zach Michelas was John’s brother. John was the mechanic who I thought was in love with me but that might have just have been for the rush. He was kidnapped over 5 months ago and the group and I went to save him. The end resulted being him staying behind to hold them off while we escaped.

We had released the footage that sent Lockstar tumbling down before heading our separate ways. I often thought that John had somehow lived through the whole ordeal, that maybe I was wrong, that he was still alive. Those thoughts were crushed as one of the reporters read a report on a massive fire at one of what they believed to be a Lockstar base.

John’s body was found burnt to a crisp and they were still trying to identify the others. After I had learned of that information, I hadn’t gotten out of my bed for a week cursing the world. Why, why was it so cruel to me? What had I done to deserve this?

But back to Zach.

Back in the first year of me finding out about Lockstar and trying to take them down and before I knew Michael or even Valentin we had gone to a safe house in Clovelly. The safe house held the others family so that they were hidden from any Lockstar agent that would want to use them against us. We had gone there to drop off Sam and Terri so that they would be protected in the large house and that’s where I met Zach. What I couldn’t understand now is what he was doing here.

Sure after the group and I split up I was tempted to look for them on any electronic link but I knew if I did I wouldn’t be able to resist finding them again and it would be safer apart. Since I didn’t look for them and John was dead I had no reason to look for any of the other family members or Zach.

He finally pulled back and I noticed that his sandy blonde hair was just a little longer and falling into his face. In a lot of ways I could see John through him and it resulted in me giving him a pained smile in return as he returned me to the sandy floor.

“What are you doing here?” He asks me like it was the most common thing in the world. “Are the others here? How’s Valentin?”

That had me confused, I know he didn’t have a sibling to tell him this anymore but didn’t he know that we split up? That I hadn’t seen what could very well be my family for five months? One look at his clueless face said no.

“No.” I said softly and sat back down on the ground knowing that my legs wouldn’t be able to hold me up for much longer. Zach copied my motions.

“What do you mean?”

“After the tape was released, they, we,” I corrected myself. “Decided that it would be best if we split up and lie low, just in case there was someone else who wanted to restart this.”

“That was five months ago.” He said shocked. Tell me something I don’t know. “So you haven’t seen any of them since then?”

“Nope,” I replied popping the ‘p.’ “I’ve been on my own here; I have no idea where they are.”

“Well I guess that explains why Percy and Iris weren’t the best of company.” He muttered under his breath.

“You found them?” Were where they? I wanted to ask but bit my tongue.