Chapter 11- Family Drama

Chapter 11

Date: April 16th

Location: Aunt Gi’s Café

Time: 2:04 p.m.

It had been a tense couple of past days. Although I hadn’t told the others about my meeting with John, if there even was one, they knew something was wrong. It had barely been a week since we had gotten back together and already they knew that there was something I wasn’t telling them, but this was something I had to do on my own.

I was becoming very paranoid and it was beginning to show. We were supposed to be friends or at least people who told each other what was bothering them and I couldn’t even do that. If I wanted this mess to end I had to do it on my own, which was something I wasn’t particularly fond of.

I had made up the plan within a few hours but it took me an entire day to get up the courage to call them and request a meeting, face to face. I thought they would say no, after all we only communicated through a phone what reason would they have to say yes? And if they did come I wouldn’t have any idea if it was actually them or just someone who sounded like them.

I had called L.J midday yesterday and asked her to meet me down in Jamaica. She was hesitant at first, questioning my motives, motives I wouldn’t give.

“You either come or you don’t.” I had said.

“What are you planning on doing?” She asked.

She had asked that question multiple times throughout the night and I always avoided answering or changed the subject. I couldn’t even trust her, I couldn’t risk her telling the others what I might be doing, they couldn’t know just yet.

It took an hour to convince her to come here and we agreed on meeting at Aunt Gi’s place a few hours after midday, so basically I just had to wait for her. I told the others I was going to the café and they only seemed curious for a second before muttering a goodbye and planning our next trip.

Iris wanted to get Lucky Criminal back together after she learned about Levi; apparently I was the last to know about him. She wanted more people on our side, if he was that dangerous we were going to need numbers.

What I couldn’t figure out is why an assassin cult wanted to continue human trafficking; it didn’t make sense to me. What use would they have with all those people? They killed them; they had no use for selling them.

I shook off the thoughts as I neared the café trying to shield myself from the pelting rain that had just started less than a minute ago. There weren’t that many people on the streets and I had just chalked it up to the weather, but my gut was telling me there was something different as I entered the Gi’s place.

I had just sat down in one of the metal chairs in the cool air conditioning when I noticed something was off. The people here weren’t Aunt Gi’s usual customers and they were acting unusually stiff. It was obscenely quiet in the room compared to the normal lunch rush chatter. Most people probably wouldn’t second guess it, but in my experience I was already making my escape route.

I shook off the jacket and placed it on the back of a chair while I tapped my fingers against the table just waiting, for what? I wasn’t sure.

I didn’t see Aunt Gi and I grew even more concerned. What if someone had traced the call? What if someone found where I was hiding out and was using her as bait? I shut out the what if’s and evened my breathing and tried to catch anything else but it seemed relatively ordinary.