Chapter 6- Maybe

Hola peeps, yes there is yet another chapter, yeahness! Sorry I’m acting like a dork. Anyways you will see over to the side a slideshow, finally figured out how to work it on here. The three covers you will see are three potential covers I’m using for my next book called I’m His Bodyguard (Changing History- Book One) which will hopefully be out later this summer. Comment below choosing your favorite one, also at the end of the chapter will be the summary for the book. Hope you guys enjoy because that will probably be the book series that takes over after the Lockstar Trilogy ends.

Chapter 6

Date: April 9th

Location: Condo

Time: 2: 16 a.m.

On the outside I may have looked cool and composed but on the inside it was taking everything within me not to go over and smack him upside the head before kissing him. If I kept my distance I would be able to keep my cool, I did not want to see what happens if he takes another step forward.

He looked good and even though 5 months might seem like a long time for a person I could tell Valentin hadn’t changed a bit. He still had his chin length brown hair that seemed even darker now, his green eyes were still as sharp, and I could see the edge of his snake tattoo that wasn’t covered by his usual leather jacket.

My heart beat faster but not because I was afraid, I doubt I would ever be afraid of the man again, no it was beating faster at the happiness and the anger. Is it possible for someone to feel two very conflicting emotions towards one person at the same time?

“How are you?” He asks and I laugh humorlessly. He did not hunt me down and break into my house just to make small talk.

“What do you want?” I ask crossing my arms and shifting my position feeling the pain in my feet at wearing these heels for too long but I kept them on, they made me feel a little more intimidating and when facing a man like Valentin I needed all the help I could get.

“To see you,” He said taking a step forward and before I knew it I had taken one back. Hurt flashed across his face before it was completely smothered by his cool mask.

“I think you made it clear that you didn’t want anything to do with me in Bucharest.” I muttered walking towards the bedroom with him following me like a lost puppy, who ever knew that an assassin was capable of such things.

“That’s not true.” He stated angrily and I let out another humorless laugh and reached for my door knob.

I never got the chance to touch it as he grabbed my elbow and spun me around slamming me to the door. His body was very close and I could feel the heat radiate off of his body and the anger and lust shining through his eyes. My control was slipping as I saw his eyes soften and him start to lean down. I would not get hurt again.

When I had met him around 2 years ago I slapped him because I thought he had murdered Rae, after he joined my group and I slowly fell for him I promised I would never do it again. Now I was breaking that promise.

My hand struck his cheek and the sound echoed throughout the apartment. He looked stunned but not hurt as he touched his reddening cheek. His momentary shock gave me the chance to slip into my bedroom. It may be cowardly but I couldn’t stand being so close to him, seeing him again, it brought up all the memories I wished I had buried.

“Aura,” I heard him sigh through the door and I resisted every cell within me that wanted to yank the door open and kiss him senseless.

He’s bad for you, I would think. He hurt you; he left you on your own after promising that he would never leave you.