Epilouge

epilogue kai’lani (three years later)

 These three years have been great. Chris and I are still doing good, the kids are all grown up. Brielle is fifteen, Leilani is eleven, Christian is ten, and Kalia and Caleb are four. Of course, Chris and I couldn’t stop, so I’m pregnant again. I’m one month, but anyway we were going to the hair salon/nail bar Heather and I created. It’s called Sorella Nails and Hair. I was dressed in a coral pink Alice & Olivia peplum stretch top, distressed boyfriend jeans, with brown suede Jeffrey Campbell ‘Lita’ platform heel boot. My hair was down straight. I grabbed my mocha brown Michael Kors selma handbag. I walked downstairs to see the kids running around.

 ‘’Aye!’’ I shouted, making them stop in their tracks. ‘’Don’t be running in this house, I will whoop all of you.’’ I said. They walked to the living room. ‘’Chris, hurry up!’’ I yelled. He came running down the stairs.

 ‘’Come on kids.’’ Chris said. They all got up, walking out of the door. I walked out behind them. I made sure that they didn’t get into any trouble. I got into the passenger seat of the white Tahoe, Chris bought for all of us. I need a nice minivan. Chris got into the driver seat, putting the key into the ignition. He pulled off.

 ‘’Kids, when we get there be good. Don’t be running around because everything is how your aunt Heather and I wanted it.’’ I said, looking back at them. I have to keep Kalia and Caleb around me at all times.

 ‘’Mommy, where are we going?’’ Caleb asked, sipping juice from his cup.

 ‘’To the grand opening of aunt Heather and mommy’s grand opening.’’ I said. He nodded, looking at the TV’s we had installed in here. I looked down at my nails. I can’t believe Chris and I have gotten this far. Chris pulled into the parking lot of Sorella. He took the key out of the ignition. We all got out of the car. ‘’Come here, Caleb.’’ I said, bending down. He ran over to me. I put onto my hip. Chris did the same to Kalia. Heather came, running over to us.

 ‘’Hey Kai.’’ She said, hugging me. ‘’Hey, Caleb.’’ She said, pecking his cheek. Alisa came walking over to me.

 ‘’Hey godmother.’’ She said, hugging me. I hugged her back then she grabbed Caleb from me. The paparazzi were snapping pictures. We all got in front of the store, smiling. Chris wrapped his arm around my waist. He pecked my lips, smiling.

 ‘’I love you.’’ He said.

 ‘’I love you too.’’ I said, smiling. Heather and I took the huge pair of scissors. I cut the ribbon, opening the doors. Everyone walked inside, looking around in amazement. I smiled, socializing with people. I had secruity guard all around this place. Alisa walked over to me, handing Kaleb to me. She walked off. I smiled, pecking his cheek.

 ‘’Mama.’’ He said, grabbing onto my arm. Chris walked over to me, wrapping his arm around my waist.

 ‘’I can’t wait for this baby to be born.’’ He said, rubbing my belly. I smiled, pecking his cheek. Heather walked over to us.

 ‘’It’s time.’’ She said. We walked to the center of the building. I grabbed the microphone, hopping up to put Caleb back on my hip.

 ‘’Good afternoon everyone. We are so thankful for everyone that came out to support us. Heather and I have always wanted to do this and now we have. I wanna thank Heather for allowing me to enjoy this experience with her. So, anyway enjoy the party and hope you come to Sorella to come to get you nails and/or your hair done.’’ I said, smiling. I walked over to Brielle, who was talking to a boy.

 ‘’Mom, this is Jeremiah. Jeremiah, this is my mom, Kai’lani.’’ She said, introducing us.

 ‘’Hi Mrs. Brown.’’ He said, shaking my hand. I smiled, putting Caleb down. I held onto his hand. I walked away, over to Chris.

 ‘’Chris can you take Caleb and I take Kalia?’’ I asked. We switched kids. Kalia is more of a daddy’s girl. We sat down on the couch. Kalia was playing with her long hair. I sat there, relaxing. These heels were hurting my feet. All of a sudden, I heard police sirens. They raced over to Chris, putting him to the ground. I got up, running over to him.

 ‘’Stop! What are y’all doing to my husband?’’ I asked, looking down at Chris. He was in handcuffs.

 ‘’Ma’am he is under arrest for the assault of Issac Parker.’’ The officer said. Chris got to his feet, walking over to me.

 ‘’Baby girl, don’t cry or stress about me. Call my mom and Miranda. I’m gonna be straight.’’ He said, leaning down to peck my lips.

 ‘’Baby, I’mma do all of that. I’m contact your lawyer to.’’ I said. They forced him out of the building. The kids ran over to me. ‘’Come on, kids.’’ I said, taking Kalia and Caleb’s hand. We walked out of the building to the Tahoe. We all got in. I put the key into the ignition, pulling off.

 ‘’Mom, is dad going to be alright?’’ Bre asked. I sighed, looking straight.

 ‘’I don’t know, Bre. All we can do now is pray and hope he is going to be alright.’’ I said, turning down the street. I hope he is not going to be in jail. He violated his probation from the Rihanna incident. I don’t know what I will ever do without him. That’s the father of my children, my husband, and my best friend. Lord, please let him get off easy for this.

What do you think? This is the end of the book. I’m thinking about doing a trilogy to this book. Maybe, maybe not. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella