Ten

ten» kai’lani

 Today, I have to go to the photoshoot for Sorella Boutique. I was dressed in a black Ruthless 99 shirt, black leather panel leggings, with Gamma Blue’s. My hair was back in a ponytail. I grabbed iPhone then walked downstairs. Bree and mama Joyce were playing with the kids.

 ‘’I’ll see y’all later.’’ I said, walking out of the house. I walked to the garage. I hit the alarm to my Audi. I sat down in the car, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off from the house. I wanna go see Chris but I have work to do. My phone began to buzz. I grabbed it from the seat. I unlocked my phone then answered it.

 ‘’Hello?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Hello, is this Kai’lani Brown?’’ The person asked.

 ‘’Yes, who am I speaking to?’’ I asked.

 ‘’This is Dr. Blake from the facility. Your husband had a seizure last night, he has asked for you. Can you come in? This is very important.’’ She asked.

 ‘’Yes, I’m on my way.’’ I said, hanging up. I turned down the street. I needed to contact Heather. I got onto the highway. I hope he’s ok, but really was looking forward to getting back to work.  I drove down the streets of Malibu. I pulled into the parking lot of the facility. I got out of the car, walking inside. The man at the desk smiled at me.

 ‘’He’s in his room.’’ He said. I nodded, walking down the hall. I stopped at his room door. I signed the clipboard then walked inside. I sat down in the chair.

 ‘’Chris, what’s stressing you out this time?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I miss my family.’’ He said.

 ‘’You came here to get help. You need this for yourself. I can’t rush up here everytime something goes wrong. I was on my way to work.’’ I said.

 ‘’I’m sorry Kai, I didn’t wanna call you but the doctor insisted on it. I understand you are doing your thing.’’ He said.

 ‘’I might as well go back to the house.’’ I said standing.

 ‘’No, stay. Come cuddle with me.’’ He said weakly. I sighed, crawling onto the bed with him. He pulled me closer to him. ‘’Kai, I’m sorry.’’ He said.

 ‘’Why are you apologizing?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I’m apologizing for everything I’ve ever did to you. I love you with all my heart, always remember that.’’ He said.

 ‘’I know you love me Chris. If you ever hurt me again, I’m done.’’ I said.

 ‘’I understand.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris, is there anything in your past that you have done and not told me about?’’ I asked. He went silent for a minute, I heard his heart rate beginning to speed up.

 ‘’I don’t think so.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris don’t lie.’’ I said.

 ‘’I’m not.’’ He said.

 ‘’Christopher I know when you’re lying. Just say it now before I have to being the snoopy wife.’’ I said.

 ‘’Kai’lani for the last time it’s nothing.’’ He said.

 ‘’I gotta go, bye.’’ I said getting up from the bed. I walked out of the room. I walked out of the building. I don’t hide secrets from Chris but he’s constantly lying to me. I got into my Audi, putting the keys into the ignition. I pulled off, he just made my whole mood change. I’m pregnant with his child too, he might not wanna lie to me because I will take the kids and leave.

 Chris

 I don’t know why Kai is always trying to get stuff. I have a few secrets that don’t concern her. I laid on my bed, looking up. The nurse walked into the room.

 ‘'Hi Mr. Brown, how are you feeling?’’ She asked.

 ‘’A little better but I feel weak.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alright.’’ She said walking out of the room. Sometimes Kai can be spectikal. The door opened and I seen my ex, Robyn aka Rihanna.

 ‘’What are you doing here?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I can come and check on my ex-boyfriend.’’ She said.

 ‘’You with that Drake nigga now, plus you married with one kid.’’ I said.

 ‘’Chris, I’m just here to see how you’re doing.’’ She said sitting on the bed beside me.

 ‘’You know I’m married to my beautiful wife, have three kids, and one on the way.’’ I said.

 ‘’Yeah, congratulations.’’ She said.

 ‘’Shouldn’t you be with your husband?’’ I asked.

 ‘’I wanted to come and talk to you Chris.’’ She said.

 ‘’Rihanna this isn't about to happen.’’ I said. She did the unthinkable. She kissed me, but I kissed back. The kiss had a little spark to it. I pulled away in shock. ‘’You gotta go.’’ I said. She walked out of the room. What just happened? I sat in my bed, thinking about the kiss. My phone began to buzz. I unlocked it, seeing my two wonderful children.

 ‘’Hi daddy!’’ They shouted.

 ‘’Hey guys. How are you?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Good.’’ Christian said.

 ‘’We miss you.’’ Lelia said.

 ‘’I miss you guys too. Where is your mom?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Up in her room, she ran upstairs as soon as she got here. Aunt Crystal is upstairs with her now.’’ Lelia said.

 ‘’Oh, who is watching you?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Grandma Joyce, she wanna talk to you.’’ She said.

 ‘’Give me kisses really quick.’’ I said. Both of them sended kisses thru the iPad. The camera was sended to the hand of my momma. Damn, I’m about to get it. I knew she got up, walking into another room.

 ‘’Christopher, what did you do to that girl?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Mama, she asked me if I need to tell her anything I’ve kept from her in our relationship.’’ I said.

 ‘’Chris, she’s pregnant with your child. I understand she can be demanding at times but when it comes to your relationship, you need to just tell her the true facts.’’ She said.

 ‘’I know mama, but something happened today.’’ I said.

 ‘’What happened?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Rihanna came and.’’ I said pausing. Should I tell her the rest or naw?

 ‘’And?’’ She asked.

 ‘’We talked.’’ I said.

 ‘’Christopher what else happened?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Nothing mama.’’ I said.

 ‘’Look me in my eyes and say that.’’ She said. I looked into my mama’s eyes.

 ‘’Nothing happened.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alright, I have to get back to watching your angels. Be good, I’ll be up there in a while.’’ She said.

 ‘’Alright, mama I love you.’’ I said.

 ‘’Love you too.’’ She said ending the call. Man, I just shared a kiss with my ex and liked it.

What do you think of this chapter? Why did Chris kiss back and like it? Is Kai’lani blowing this way out of proportion? Leave a comment, follow, vote, and leave feedback.- Daniella