Twenty-eight

twenty eight kai’lani

 I’ve been running here for the past couple of days, trying to get things done around the house. I haven’t had no time for myself. Chris is helping out and is being the sweetheart I know.

 ‘’Kai, you ok?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I’m tired that’s all. I’ve been running around doing things for the house. I haven’t had no me time.’’ I said. He sat down on the couch beside me.

 ‘’I’ll take care of everything else around here, you go out and shopping or do whatever you want.’’ He said.

 ‘’That’s sweet Chris, but I want to get things done. I gotta paint the bedroom.’’ I said, getting up but Chris pulled me back on the couch.

 ‘’No, you are going to stay here. I’m going to paint the bedroom. You need some rest. I know you’ve been up planning this vow renewal and looking for better house. You need to relax.’’ He said, kissing my forehead. He walked up the stairs, to our bedroom. I laid on the couch, feeling indigo. I got up, running upstairs to our bedroom. I ran into the ensuite, throwing up into the toilet. Chris rubbed on my back. I got up, flushing the toilet. I washed over to the sink, brushing my teeth. ‘’You alright?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I feel weak.’’ I said.

 ‘’I can paint the room when you feel better. Let’s get you on the bed, you need to rest.’’ Chris said, scooping me into his arms. He walked into our bedroom, laying me down on the bed. ‘’I’m going to downstairs and get you something.’’ He said, kissing my cheek. I laid there, looking at the ceiling. I have a feeling I’m pregnant again. Chris walked back into the room with a can of ginger ale.

 ‘’Thanks.’’ I said, taking the ginger ale into my hand. I opened it, drinking it slowly. I sat it on the nightstand. ‘’Chris, I think we should go to the doctor.’’ I said.

 ‘’Why?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I just wanna get checked.’’ I said.

 ‘’Ok, slide on some shoes and we can go.’’ He said. I got up from the bed, walking into my closet. I slid on my Odd Future socks with my black Nike slides. I put my hair into a messy bun. I walked out, sitting down on the bed. Chris came walking out of his closet. ‘’Let’s go.’’ He said, grabbing my hand. We walked downstairs, out of the door. I got into the Range Rover. Chris put the key into the ignition, pulling off.

‘'Babe, I feel like I gotta throw up.’’ I said.

 ‘’If do, just use this.’’ He said, handing me a plastic bag. I put my head into the bag, throwing up. I continually threw up in the bag. He handed me another bag. I put my head up, wiping my mouth. ‘’Babe you ok?’’ He asked. I gave this nigga the ‘’do I look ok’’ look. He pulled up to the hospital, parking the car. Chris got out, walking over to my side. He scooped me into his arms, bridal style. He walked into the hospital to the front desk.

 ‘’Babe, I feel sick again.’’ I groaned.

 ‘’Ma’am, my girlfriend has been vomiting a lot.’’ Chris said. My eyelids began heavy then I blacked out.

 Chris

 I looked Kai’s eyes went heavy. I shook her but she didn’t awake. Doctors and nurses rushed over to us. They put her on a bed, running down the hall. I walked over to the waiting area. I called all of her family. In less than thirty minutes, everyone was here.

 ‘’What happened?’’ Crystal asked.

 ‘’She was vomiting at the house and on the way here. She blacked out in my arms.’’ I said. I sat there, shaking my right leg. ‘’Who’s got Christian and Leilani?’’ I asked.

 ‘’My godsister.’’ Bree said. I met her godsister before. I leaned back in my seat. I hope she is alright. Minutes passed, before I knew it was four o’clock.

 ‘’Family of Kai’lani Brown?’’ A doctor asked. I stood my feet.

 ‘’I’m her husband.’’ I said.

 ‘’She wants to see all of her family.’’ He said. We got up, walking behind him to a room. We all walked inside. Kai was laying in a hospital bed in a hospital gown.

 ‘’You can tell them doc.’’ She said.

 ‘’Kai here is one month pregnant.’’ He said. I walked over to Kai, smiling. Everyone crowded around her. ‘’She needs to take it slow, and relax.’’ He said. I told Kai she need to relax. I looked down at her. She was smiling.

 ‘’Baby girl, you and Chris can’t stop can you?’’ Ms. Chaslyn asked.

 ‘’No mama I’m afraid we can.’’ She said, smiling.

 ‘’We wanna keep her here overnight for testing and to see if the baby is good.’’ He said. I kissed her forehead. She’s pregnant with our child.

 ‘’Chris, where is Chris and Lelia?’’ She asked.

 ‘’With Bree’s godsister.’’ I said.

 ‘’Well you need to get started on the baby’s room.’’ She said.

 ‘'I’m on it, you just need to get some rest and relax. When you get home, you are doing simple things.’’ I said.

 ‘’Ok, ok.’’ She said. I can’t believe baby number four is on the way. If they find Brielle, I’m going to be so damn happy. I grabbed Kai’s hand, caressing her palm with my thumb. This usually soothes her and makes her go to sleep. After a while, she was asleep. I pecked her lips then walked out of the room. I need to get to work on this baby room. Kai is going to have a soothing and none difficult pregnancy. I walked out of the hospital. I can’t believe she is pregnant again.

What do you think? #babynumberfour. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella