Twenty-nine

twenty nine kai’lani

 I’m four months now. Chris has been over-protective. He’s making sure I don’t lift heavy things and that I’m always calm and cool. Today is our second ultrasound. Everything has been good with the baby. I was ready to go to the doctor. I was dressed in a black Topshop crop tank, black Adidas Trefoil leggings, with sport red/white/black Nike Air Griffey Max 1. My hair was back into a bun. I threw on my red Pyrex 23 plaid shirt.

 ‘’Come on, Kai!’’ Chris shouted at me.

 ‘’Shout at me one more time. Don’t fuck with me Chris.’’ I said walking toward the door. I opened the door, walking out. I walked out to the Audi, getting into the passenger seat. Chris got into the driver seat, putting the key into the ignition. He pulled off.

 ‘’You good hun?’’ He asked. I nodded my head. I’ve been super hormonal. I’ve went from crying to being mad then back to being happy. Chris has been very patient and supportive. He pulled up to our doctor’s office. He took the key out of the ignition. I stepped out of the car, walking inside. I walked up to the front door.

 ‘’Welcome, do you have an appointment?’’ The woman asked.

 ‘’Yes, with Doctor Carson.’’ I said.

 ‘’Go have a seat. He should be out momentarily.’’ She said. I walked over to the waiting room, sitting down. I grabbed my phone from my shoe. I unlocked it, logging into Instagram. I took a quick picture then posted with the caption ‘’At the doctor’s office. Hoping everything is alright.’’

 ‘’Mrs. Brown.’’ Someone called out. I got up, walking back. Chris came walking behind me. We walked to the back. The nurse took both my weight and height. She took me back to a room. I sat down on the bed. ‘’Dr. Carson, will be in momentarily.’’ She said, walking out of the room.

 ‘’I hope everything is alright.’’ I said.

 ‘’It is, I gotta perform next week. We’re going to announce it then.’’ He said. I want them to simply find out but Chris wants be to do things big. Kenneth walked into the room with his clipboard and computer.

 ‘’Goodmorning, Kai’lani and Chris.’’ He greeted.

 ‘’Hi Kenneth.’’ I greeted, smiling.

 ‘’Let’s get to it.’’ He said, putting on his white gloves. I laid on my back, lifting my shirt. He put the cold gel substance on my stomach. He put the machine on my belly. ‘’I seen a healthy baby then some.’’ He said.

 ‘’What the fuck you mean then some?’’ I asked.

 ‘’You’re having twins.’’ He said. Chris fell out of the floor, knocked out. I looked at him in disbelief.

 ‘’Are you sure?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes, you are.’’ He said.

 ‘’Let me get this straight, two babies right?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes.’’ He said. A total of five kids now. Chris and I need to stop. Speaking of Chris, his ass was still on floor, knocked out. ‘’Here is your ultrasound and prenatal vitamins. This card has your next ultrasound date.’’ He said. He wiped the gel off of my belly. I got down, walking over to Chris. I smacked the shit out of him. He woke up, holding his cheek.

 ‘’Let’s go.’’ I said, walking out of the room. Twins! I’m having twins, oh my gosh. I walked out of the building, walking to the car. I got in, putting on my seatbelt. We need a bigger house. We refuse to move Brielle’s stuff out of her room. Chris got into the car, looking as pale as a ghost. ‘’Chris are you ok?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yeah.’’ He said with a shaky voice.

 ‘’Chris, I know you’re scared but we are going to get through this. One step at a time, Chris. We got this.’’ I said, smiling.

 ‘’Two babies, how is this gonna affect us? We alright have two energetic then one that is missing. Kai, I don’t think I can do this.’’ He said.

 ‘’You can, Chris. It’s going to be hard caring for two infants but we can get through it ok.’’ I said. I pecked his cheek, intertwining our fingers together. ‘’You are going to be a great father to these twins.’’ I said, kissing his temple.

 ‘’I know, Kai but I’m out of my mind scared right now. We are about to be responsible for two little infants.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris, look at me.’’ I said. He turned his head in my direction. ‘’We are going to be great parents to these twins. Our parenting on Lelia and Chris is showing. They know if they do something bad they are going to get whopped. They know right from wrong. Baby, we got this.’’ I said pecking his lips.

 ‘’Kai, do you think we can handle this?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes, we can handle this. Chris, even though we not get no time for us, we are going to be great parents. We need another house though.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, it’s really getting small. We are about to be raising twins. You wanna go looking for houses starting sometime next week?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes, I don’t want it to be really big but big enough for our growing family. After this, we are having no more kids!’’ I said.

 ‘’We both agree that we were going to have a big family.’’ He said.

 ‘’No, we did not. I wanted to stop after Christian, now look. We are about to have a lot of kids.’’ I said.

 ‘’We gonna get through this. We got both of our mom’s on speed dial. Even though, Miranda’s wedding is postponed to the fall, my mom will still come down here for her grandchildren.’’ He said.

 ‘’My mom is fifteen minutes away. She can stay in the house if she wants.’’ I said. He shrugged his shoulders. I looked down at my belly. Twins, are living inside of me. What is going to happen to my career?

What do you think? Twins! They are having twins! Also, check out my newest book Treading Water. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella