Forty-one

forty one kai’lani

 Today was my wedding day! I’m totally excited for this day. I’ve made it eight years with Chris and I know I wanna live the rest of my life with. I looked into the mirror, I looked like a princess. Kalia put her hands up. I picked her up, smiling.

 ‘’Mommy is going to marry your handsome daddy again.’’ I said, as she grabbed onto my finger.

 ‘’Dada?’’ She asked, looking into the mirror. I nodded, making her smile. Ms. Joyce walked into the room.

 ‘’Kai, we’ve gotta get going.’’ She said. I nodded, walking out of the room. I grabbed Kalia’s bag. We all walked out of Ms. Joyce’s house. We were in Virginia. We went to where I’m from, so we’re going to go where he’s from. We were getting married, on Virginia Beach which is two hours from here. We all got into the limo. The driver drove, getting onto the main highway.

 ‘’I can’t believe this is my second time doing this.’’ I said, looking out of the window. I bounced her up and down on my leg. I rocked her to sleep then gave her to Melanie.

 ‘’Oh my gosh, she is one heavy toddler.’’ Melanie said. I smiled, looking at Kalia. I laid back, listening to the music. I looked up at the ceiling. I can’t wait to get married.

 Chris

 I sat down inside of the building, waiting for the women to get here. Seeing Kai’s beautiful face is all I need for the rest of my life.

 ‘’Aye, Chris they here.’’ Mijo said. I got up, walking down to the alter. I stood under the wedding canopy. I waited for Kai to come. I can’t wait to see her, Amber and Alana are here. I looked at my watch. After a while, everyone was in their seats. The bridesmaids and the groomsmen began to walk down the aisle. After they were all line up, Leilani came out. She throw the flowers then ran to my mother. Kai came walking down the aisle. I could see her bright smile through the veil. She had Christian on her arm. She bended down, pecking his cheek. She stepped in front of me. I took the veil of of her face.

 ‘’Well, we’re here for the second wedding for Kai’lani Marie Perez-Brown and Christopher Maurice Brown. The couple are going to say their vows and then do a exchange of new rings. Chris would you like to start us off?’’ The preacher asked. I nodded, grabbing onto both of Kai’s hands.

 ‘’Kai’lani Marie Perez-Brown, I love you with all my heart. We’ve been there for me for the past ten years. We’ve had tough and trying times but you always guided us through it. I’m sorry for having another child and not tell you. I’m sorry for everything I’ve did to hurt you. I just wanna see you happy. When we weren’t living in the same house, I was just back into the old Chris. Once you forgave, it made me wanna change. I wanted to become more of a family man for you and our children. Your heart has always been big. You’ve always made me and the kids happy. I love you for everything that you have done for me. I appreciate you and everything you’ve did for you.’’ I said. Tears streamed down both of our faces.

 ‘’Christopher Maurice Brown, I love you with everything I have. These past eight years of marriage have been a ride for both of us. From you having another child to you always wanting out of this world, I’ve always found a way to love you. I love your personality. I love your will to help others. You have given me everything I’ve ever wanted. I’ve got five beautiful children by you, all which I adore. I love when you show all of your emotions, it just makes me what to love and help you. You’ve never judged me about my past or anything like that. You are the sweetest man ever. You always think about others before you think of yourself. That’s why I love you. I love that you learn from your mistakes and try to make yourself better. That is such a inspiration. I love how you laugh, how your accent comes out when you say certain words, and most of all I love the way you get that spark in your eye when you see the kids or I. Words can’t describe how I feel about you. I love you forever, Christopher.’’ She said, wiping her tears.

 ‘’Those were some beautiful vows, Chris would you do the honors of taking off Kai’lani’s wedding ring?’’ The pastor asked. I looked down, smiling. I slid the ring off of her finger. Christian ran up to me, handing me the new wedding room. I slid her new ring onto her finger. ‘’Kai’lani would you do the same?’’ He asked. Kai looked down at my wedding ring, sliding it off. Brielle came up, handing her the new ring. She slid the ring onto my finger. ‘’Well, all I have to say is Chris you can kiss your bride.’’ The pastor said.

 I took the veil off of her face. I took her into my arms, kissing her passionately. She wrapped her arms around my neck, as I wrapped my arms around her waist. I felt her smile through the kiss. Every memory from the last ten years, replayed in my mind. I smiled, pulling away. My mom wanted us to jump the broom. We jumped over the broom, walking back down the isle. Kai looked up at me, smiling.

 ‘’I hope that we still married when we’re old. Even though, we may argue I’ll still love you.’’ She said. I picked her up, bridal style. She threw the bouquet, Brielle caught it. We smiled, leaning in and kissing each other.

What do you think? This chapter was so romantic. Leave a comment, follow, vote, leave feedback.-Daniella