Twenty-one

twenty-one kai’lani

 Mama Joyce decided on bringing Chris here so we can talk. I don’t even wanna look at him. I sat down on the couch, looking at the TV. The door opened, so I assume it’s my husband and Ms. Joyce. Chris walked into the room, looking around.

 ‘’Now, you two talk and make up. I’ll be out getting some food.’’ She said, walking out of the room. He sat down on the other couch, looking over at me.

 ‘’What?’’ I asked, annoyed. I really don’t wanna talk to him, what’s done is done. I got up from the couch, walking into the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water. I walked back into the living room, itting down on the couch. ‘’You wanted to talk, so talk.’’ I said.

‘’Kai, I miss you and the kids.’’ He said. I let out a chuckle at his sentence.

‘’I don’t miss you at all. There are those times when I do, but the last thing we did before I left was hit me. Don’t come crawlin’ back when everything turns cuz’ I’m doing me. I’m happy and living my life.’’ I said.

‘’I’m not come back, crawling. I’m askin’ for forgiveness.’’ He stated.

 ‘’Well, I forgave you. You’ve done too much Chris. If I went back to before we were married, we were a young happy couple. Now look at us, a married couple with two children who always argue all the damn time. I’m tired of all the heartbreaks, the tears, and the most important the sacrifices I have to make for you. When I went to the club that night, I was havin’ fun. I was out feeling young again. When I’m with you, I have to stay home while you go have fun. I’m just done Chris.’’ I said.

 ‘’Kai, just give me a second chance.’’ He said.

 ‘’I gave you the second chance when we were a couple and Brielle was on the way. I’ve gave you so many chances, Chris and you’ve continued to fuck up. I’m done with giving chances. It’s going to take the moon and back to make me forgive you.’’ I said.

 ‘’Kai, I know I’ve fucked up but I want you and the kids back.’’ He said.

 ‘’You just want us back because you feel alone. When all those hoes turn away you come runnin’ back to your family. We’re not about to your second or third choice.’’ I said.

 ‘’My family always come first.’’ He said.

 ‘’After, your music and these hoes?’’ I asked. He sat there in silence. ‘’Exactly, Chris. I’m afraid you’ve change.’’ I said.

 ‘’How have I changed?’’ He asked.

 ‘’You’ve been going out partying, almost every night. When we do talk, it turns into yelling. Last but not least, you hit me.’’ I said.

 ‘’All those are true, but I haven’t changed one bit.’’ He said.

 ‘’Tell that lie. This is about to be a love to remember. Straighten up yourself then we can get back together. I’m done talkin’,’’ I said, getting up from couch. I walked upstairs to my bedroom. I sat down on the bed. Chris stood in the doorway.

 ‘’Kai, I want us back.’’ He said.

 ‘’I don’t think that’s gonna happen. Go back them damn house because I through with this shit.’’ I said.

 ‘’Are giving up on our marriage?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Call it what you want but I’m done.’’ I said. He walked away from the doorway. I sat there, with tears running down my face. I want us to work. I walked downstairs to see Chris sitting on the couch. ‘’What are you doing here?’’ I asked.

 ‘’My mama brought me over here, I gotta wait till’ she comes back.’’ He said. I walked over to him, sitting down on the couch.

 ‘’Chris we need serious help with this marriage.’’ I said.

 ‘’I know, Kai. Where do we start?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Well, we start by listin’ all the bad and the good.’’ I said.

 ‘’We ain’t about to do that, what’s the next step?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Tell every little things we’ve did wrong to each other. Tell any secrets and we promise not to get mad at each other.’’ I said.

 ‘’Already, you promise not to get mad at what I’m about to tell you?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I promise.’’ I said.

 ‘’I have a three year old daughter by another woman.’’ He said. I looked at him, with anger and hurt in my heart.

 ‘’What the fuck!’’ I yelled. I got up, walking off. I’m so fucking pissed off. I sat down on the floor, crying. Chris came in there, pulling me to my feet. ‘’Get off of me!’’ I shouted punching him in his chest. He just pulled me closed to him.

 ‘’I’m sorry.’’ He said.

 ‘’Leave me alone.’’ I said, crying in his chest. I pushed him away, running upstairs to my bedroom. I locked the door behind myself. I can’t believe for three years he’s been hiding this from me. That means he has a total of four children, two of them with me.

 ‘’Kai, let me in.’’ He said from the other side of the door.

 ‘’Hell no, I see how you are. Fuck all this shit, fuck you and your petty ass ways. I’m fucking done.’’ I said.

 ‘’You say that but then your going to be tryin’ to get back with me.’’ He said.

 ‘’No the fuck I’m not. I’m done Christopher, you’ll have the papers by the end of the week.’’ I said.

 ‘’What papers?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Don’t fuckin’ worry about it.’’ I said. I’m done with the tears, with the long nights, and with worryin’ what the fuck he’s doing. I’m straight up done!

What do you think? Has Kai been push to the edge? Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella.