Twenty-four

twenty four kai’lani

 I’ve been so happy, lately. Ms. Joyce is very disappointed in Chris for another child and not telling her. Today, I was taking Christian and Leilani to the park with Chris and Alana. I was dressed in a blue Coca Cola tee shirt, grey Ralph Lauren heather cargo sweatpants, with white Obsidian Air Jordan 5 retro. My hair was up in a messy bun. I grabbed my phone, walking downstairs. Leilani and Christian were playing with their toys.

 ‘’Come on Chris and Lelia.’’ I said. They ran over to me, grabbing one of my hands. We walked outside, down the pathway to the Audi. They got into the car seats and seatbelts. I got into the driver seat, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off, turning up the radio.

 ‘’Mommy, can I play on your phone?’’ Christian asked. I grabbed my phone, handing it back to Christian. I turned down the street, parking the car in the parking spot.

 '’Come on.’’ I said, getting out of the car. They got out, grabbing my hands. We walked to the prk. Chris was sitting down with Alana in his arms.

 ‘’Daddy!’’ Leilani shouted. She stopped in her tracks when she seen Alana in Chris’s arms. ‘’Who that?’’ She asked.

 ‘’That’s your new stepsister, Alana.’’ I said.

 ‘’No, Brielle and I are daddy’s girls, not her.’’ She said.

 ‘’I know, baby girl. If you want, mommy can play with you.’’ I said.

 ‘’Daddy lied. He told me Brielle and me are always going to be his girls. I just can’t.’’ She said storming off. I sighed, walking over to Chris and Alana.

 ‘’What’s wrong with Lelia?’’ He asked.

 ‘’I told you Chris. She is mad. She misses her sister.’’ I said.

 '’She’ll get over it.’’ He said, dismissing the conversation. He went back to playing with Alana. I got up, walking over to Leilani. She was sitting down, playing with her curly hair.

 ‘’Baby girl, don’t be sad. You need to still say hi to daddy.’’ I said. She looked down at her Aunt Pearl’s.

 ‘’Mommy, she going to take my place. He’s just going to forget all about me.’’ She said. I hugged her, kissing the top of her head. Chris need to talk to his daughter. I know Alana is his daughter but you have two other ones.

 ‘’Go play, baby girl. Grandma is going to cook all your favorites.’’ I said. She sighed, getting up and walking over to the swings. I got up, walking over to Chris and Alana. ‘’Chris, let her go play.’’ I said. He let Alana down. She ran away to the slide. ‘’You need to talk to Leilani. You don’t understand how it feels to be left out or not cared for.’’ I said.

 ‘’She’ll get over it.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris stop being a ass. Don’t make me get your mom on you again.’’ I said. ‘’Leilani has always been the light of your eye. When you start picking Alana over her then she feels like you don’t love her Chris. That little girl is your little twin. She’s the mini version of you but has a girl. She has that same passion for dancing as you do. So you’re just going to push her away. If you push her away, I promise you I will personally kick your ass.’’ I said. I got up, walking away. I walked around the park. I understand how Leilani feels.

 ‘’Mama, can you push me?’’ Christian asked. I began pushing him, till’ he was at a ok height. I walked off to where Leilani was. She was picking flowers and singing. I looked over at Chris, who was playing with Alana again. I shook my head.

 ‘’Leilani, sweetheart. I’m sorry that you’re feeling this way. I know daddy still loves you. It’s going to be ok.’’ I said. She got into my lap, putting her head on my chest. I hummed to her, making her fall asleep. I got up, putting her on my hip. I walked over to Chris, who was playing patty-cake with Alana. ‘’Were going home. You did this to her and don’t feel one ounce of remorse. Don’t expect to even see your kids this weekend.’’ I said. I walked over to Christian, grabbing his hand.

 I walked over to the car, opening the backdoor. I put Leilani in her car seat, strapping her in. I closed the backdoor, jogging around to the driver side. I got in, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off, turning down the radio.

 ‘’Mommy, what’s wrong with Leilani?’’ He asked.

 ‘’She doesn’t feel well. When she gets home, we need to be quiet, ok.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alright mommy.’’ He said. I still can’t believe Chris. He doesn’t understand anything but money and hoes. He never reveals his feelings. I pulled up to the house, taking the key out of the ignition. I got out, walking to the backdoor. I grabbed Leilani from her car seat, putting her on my hip. Christian ran to the front door. I walked up to the front door, unlocking the door. I walked inside, upstairs to Leilani’s room. I laid her in her bed, taking off her Aunt Pearls. I kissed her forehead, walking out of the room.

 I walked down the hall to my room. I sat down the bed, taking off my Jordans. Christian ran into the room, jumping onto my bed.

 ‘’Mommy, can I take a nap in here?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Sure, baby boy.’’ I said. He closed his eyes as I rubbed his back. I know you have a four children but neglecting one all because you have another isn’t fair or right. Chris need to come to his senses or else he ain’t see the kids or I soon.

What do you think? Is Chris being a total ass? Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella