Thirty-two

thirty two kai’lani

 I was sitting down on the couch, doing Leilani’s hair. I was almost at full term, I’m 36 weeks. I felt something pop then liquid came running down my legs.

 ‘’Chris!’’ I shouted. He came running down the stairs. ‘’It’s time.’’ I said, getting up slowly. His eyes got big.

 ‘’Shoot, I’ll go get your bag.’’ He said, running upstairs. I began breathing in and out. Chris came down with Brielle and Christian. We walked out of the house, walking out to the Audi. I got into the passenger seat. I closed the door, putting my hands on my belly. Chris got in, putting the key into the ignition. He pulled off.

 ‘’Chris if you don’t get me to the hospital. I will rip your head off.’’ I said. Chris put his hand on my thigh. I felt a contraction come. I grabbed his hand, digging my nails into his hand.

 ‘’Shit, Kai that hurts.’’ He said.

 ‘’So does these contractions. I swear I’m never having anymore kids with you.’’ I said. Chris pulled up to the hospital entrance. Brielle got out of the car, running inside. ‘’Chris, contractions are eight minutes apart. Call everyone.’’ I said. He grabbed his phone. Brielle came out with a nurse, wheeling a wheelchair. I opened the car door. The nurse helped me into the wheelchair. She wheeled me inside.

 I held my belly, breathing in and out. She wheeled me down to the maternity wary. Chris and I came here and picked out a room. She wheeled me into the room. Chris came right behind.

 ‘’Where are my kids?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Your mom was downtown, she literally sped here.’’ He said. They got me onto the bed. I wasn’t wearing another but a black Topshop oversized jumper. They took a quick ultrasound then hooked me up to a IV. Chris held my hand. Bree and Crystal came running into the room.

 ‘’Even that is staying in needs to change into a part of scrubs.’’ The nurse addressed. Everyone walked out of the room. The doctor walked in, all dressed up in his scrubs.

 ‘’Ok, Mrs. Brown let’s see how many centimeters you are dilated.’’ He said, sitting in his rolling chair in front of my vagina. ‘’You are 4cm dilated.’’ He said. I laid back, feeling a contraction. I literally grabbed onto the rails of the bed, hoping these babies would get out. Bree, Crystal, and Chris came walking back into the room. ‘’You’re 4 ½ cm dilated.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris, I don’t wanna do this.’’ I said.

 ‘’Baby girl, you know we both want our little girl and little boy into this world.’’ Chris said. I grabbed his hand, looking up at him. About five hours later, I was 9 ½ cm dilated.

 ‘’Uggh! Get these damn babies out of me!’’ I shouted, gripping onto Chris’s arm. Everyone was tired.

 ‘’Your 10 cm dilated. Push.’’ The doctor said. I pushed, using all my strength. Bree held my other hand. Crystal was knocked out. ‘’1,2,3 push!’’ He shouted. I pushed again, laying back.

 ‘’I can’t do this anymore.’’ I said.

 ‘’Yes, you can little sis. Bring them babies into the world.’’ Bree said. I pushed once more before hearing a loud cry.

 ‘’It’s a boy.’’ The doctor announced. Chris walked down to the doctor, cutting the umbilical cord. One of the pediatricians took our baby boy, putting him into a cart-like bed. I felt a strong contraction.

 ‘’I don’t wanna do this anymore.’’ I said.

 ‘’Come on babe, you alright got one out. Come on.’’ Chris said. I pushed, breathing hard. I continued to push until I heard another cry.

 ‘’It’s a girl.’’ The doctor announced. The other pediatrician took our baby girl into their arms. I laid back tired. My hair was sweated out, I was weak and tired.

 ‘’What’s this little guy’s name?’’ One of the nurses asked.

 ‘’Caleb Dominic Brown.’’ I said, smiling. They wrapped him into a blue blanket.

 ‘’Mrs. Brown, you need to give birth to the placenta.’’ The doctor said. I felt slight contractions before I gave birth to the placenta. The doctor showed it to us. Chris passed the fuck out. After about five minutes, Caleb was in my arms.

 ‘’What is this little girl’s name?’’ The other nurse asked.

 ‘’Kalia Maliah Brown.’’ I said. I looked down at Caleb’s small little body. Chris finally woke up. He looked down at Caleb.

 '‘Look at our son.’’ He said, smiling. He had some hair on his head. I rocked him to sleep. The other nurse handed Kalia to Chris. He looked down at her, smiling. Brielle, my mom, Leilani, and Christian walked into the room. Christian ran over to Chris, while Leilani ran over to me.

 ‘’What’s his name?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Caleb.’’ I said, smiling down at him. Brielle walked over to us, smiling. She touched his little nose. He was such a adorable baby.

 ‘’I want a picture of both of my little brother, sister and my beautiful mom.’’ Brielle said. Chris handed Kalia to me. I smiled, holding both of them in my arms. Brielle walked over to me, showing the picture to all of us. I handed Kalia to Crystal and Caleb to Bree. I laid back, closing my eyes. I need this sleep.

What do you think? In the multimedia is Caleb Dominic Brown and Kalia Maliah Brown. The top row is Caleb and the bottom is Kalia. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella