Twelve

twelve» kai’lani

 I was going to visit Chris today because his therapist called about something called closure with this argument were having. I was dressed in a tan Charlotte Russe seamless bandeau bra, mint double slit maxi skirt, with tan ASOS Hong Kong heeled sandals with metal trim. My hair was in a high, net bun on the top of my head.

I walked down the stairs with my phone in hand. The kids were at school and I’m going to pick them up after this little session with Chris. I walked out of the house, only to be seen by the paparazzi. I hurriedly walked to the black Range Rover. I got inside, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled away from the house. My belly is growing big. I’m two and a half months.

It’s going to a ride to the facility. I turned down the road onto the highway. I turned up the radio a little bit. Chris and I song Still Into You by Paramore was playing. I sang along with it. I pulled into Malibu, feeling iffy. Chris needs to know that I’m going to want to know thing like this. I’m married to him. He’s my husband, my significant other. I just want him to be honest. I pulled into the parking lot of the facility.

 I parked the car, getting up and walking inside. I stopped at the front desk, to be greeted by that familiar man.

 ‘’Welcome Mrs. Brown. Are you here to see your husband?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes am I.’’ I said.

 ‘’Ok, have a good visit.’’ He said. I smiled, walking down the hall. I stopped at Chris’s door. I signed in then opened the door, walking into the room. Chris was sitting on his bed, with a bottle of water in his hand.

 ‘’Hi Christopher.’’ I said sitting down in the chair, holding my belly.

 ‘’Hey Kai, can you please talk to me?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Chris, what is there to say. You were lying to me, I want the truth. I wouldn’t get mad or anything.’’ I said, calmly.

 ‘’Alright you want everything?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes everything. If you lie, so help me God, I will take my kids and make sure you only get a little bit of time with them.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alright, back when we were on a break in our marriage I cheated once but I was drunk and high the night before. There was one time I shared a kiss with a old friend. Last but not least, Rihanna came to visit me and we kissed. The crazy thing was I felt a little spark.’’ He said. I want taking deep breaths, focusing on this child inside of me.

 ‘’You felt a spark when you kissed your ex-girlfriend Rihanna.’’ I whispered to myself. I looked down at the floor. Tears rolled down my face.

 '’Kai, what’s wrong?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Chris, I feel hurt. You felt a spark when you kissed her.’’ I said, raising my voice.

 ‘’It’s not my fault!’’ He shouted.

 ‘’Chris, I really don’t know why I married you!’’ I shouted, all up in his faces.

 ‘’Then you don’t have to be married to me then, cuz’ I don’t wanna be married to you.’’ He said. I was heartbroken. I slid my wedding ring off of my finger, throwing it at his face. I stormed out of the room, with tears streaming down my cheeks. I got into my car, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off quickly. I can’t believe him. All I remember was getting hit from the back of the Range Rover. I went into a faint sleep.

 Chris

 Kai’lani just been over dramatic at times. I laid in the bed, playing with her wedding ring. She’s my wife anyway, we’ll get through this. My phone began to ring. I answered it.

 '’Hello?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Chris, Kai’lani have been in a car accident.’’ My mother said.

 ‘’She’s been in what?’’ I asked, dumbfounded.

 ‘’She’s in the hospital. I got the call, minutes ago. I’m going to have to pick up the kids from school then come get you. They said she’s was hit from the back.’’ She said.

 ‘’Just hurry.’’ I said. I was literally bawling my eyes out. Those last words came out really bad. I have her wedding ring to. I got up from the bed, walking up to the front desk. The man working at the desk, looked at me. ‘’Zack, my wife got into a really bad accident. I gotta go.’’ I said.

 ‘’Mr. Brown, someone has to sign you out.’’ He said.

 ‘’Alright, my mother should be here in a moment.’’ I said. My mom came running thru that door. She signed a paper then we jogged out. I got into the passenger seat of the car. My children were in the back napping. My mom pulled off. ‘’It’s all my fault.’’ I whispered to myself. My mom pulled up to the hospital. I got out, running inside. I ran to the front desk. ‘’Where is Kai’lani Marie Brown?’’ I asked. The woman typed something into the computer.

 ‘’She’s in with the doctor, will you please wait in the waiting room?’’ She asked. I walked over to the waiting room to see Ms. Chaslyn, Bree, Brittany, Melanie, Crystal, Trey, and Michael.

 ‘’Has about said anything?’’ I asked sitting down beside Michael. My mom walked in with Christian and Leilani on her hip. She handed me Leilani then sat down with Christian. We sat looking at each other. A few hours past, a doctor of some sort walked over to us.

 ‘’Are you here for Kai’lani Brown?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes sir, is she ok?’’ Crystal asked.

 ‘’We have bad news. First, she’s in a coma and she lost the twins.’’ He said. I sat there with tears in my eyes.

 ‘’Twins?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes sir, a girl and boy to be exact.’’ He said. I cried, straight up. Everyone walked over to me, consoling me.

 ‘’Can I see her?’’ I asked.

 ‘'Yes, she’s in room 180.’’ He said. I got up, putting Leilani on my hip. I walked down the hall till’ I got to 180. I opened the door. I walked inside to see Kai on a bed, with machines attached to her. She looked pale and not like my Indian Goddess. All you heard was the beeps to the machine. I looked at her, she had a few bruises and a broken arm. I can’t believe she was carrying my son and daughter.

 ‘’Kai, I need you to wake up. Please baby, I miss you already. Please wake up. The kids need their mother, everyone needs you.’’ I said crying on her stomach. I felt a hand on my back. I looked up to see Crystal.

 ‘’Chris, she’ll wake up on her own. Give her time.’’ She said then turned to Kai. ‘’Kai, it’s Crystal. Little sister I need you to wake up. You have your kids and your husband.’’ She said. Leilani woke up, looking dumbfounded.

 ‘’Why is mommy in the bed with tubes in her arms? Is she sick?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Lelia, mommy got into a car accident. She’s in a deep sleep and she lost your brother and sister.’’ I said. She touched Kai’s hand.

 ‘’Mommy wake up.’’ She said. Kai didn’t budge. Lelia began to cry loudly. Crystal took her out of the room, comforting her. Christian woke up too. He walked over to me.

 ‘’Daddy, why is mommy on the bed?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Chris, mommy got into a car accident. She’s in a deep sleep, so you can shake all you want and she won’t wake up. You would have a brother and sister.’’ I explained.

 ‘’Mommy!’’ He shouted. Christian ran back over to my mom, sobbing. I sat down on the floor, letting it come to reality. Kai’s in a coma and lost our twins.

Wow, I almost cried writing this. What do you think about this chapter? Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave some feedback.-Daniella