Twenty-five

twenty five kai’lani

 The kids and I haven’t talked to Chris in about a week. Leilani is happy now, Christian is too. We’ve been going to the zoo and having fun. Today is just a relaxing down for me. I walked downstairs to the kitchen. Ms. Joyce took the kids to the aquarium then they were going to Disneyland. I decided on just going out and getting pampered but then again paparazzi are always on my case. There was a knock on the door. I walked into the foyer, opening the door. Chris stood in front of me.

 ‘’Why are you here?’’ I asked. I was going to close the door but he was going to continue to get on my nerves more.

 ‘’I wanted to apologize.’’ He said.

 ‘’No, go and play house with Amber and Alana.’’ I said.

 ‘’Kai, I want you baby and the kids. Amber and Alana moved to Georgia.’’ He said. This nigga think his wife and kids are going to put in second, hell no.

 ‘’Now that they left you come here and try to beg for forgiveness. Chris that’s not how it works. Leilani don’t even care anymore about what you did. She’s moved on but she is still mad. That’s your first child that came from me. Chris what you did was unbelievable.’’ I said.

 ‘’I’m ready to step up to being your husband and the father to my two beautiful kids.’’ He said, looking into my eyes. I seen it in his eyes, that he was sorry and he wanted to make everything right.

 ‘’Chris, give me sometime. I just need to think.’’ I said, looking down at my chestnut UGG slippers.

 ‘’Alright, Kai. I love you.’’ He said.

 ‘’Goodbye, Christopher.’’ I said, closing the door. I walked back over to the couch, sitting down. Should I take Chris back? He’s still my husband but I don’t feel the same about him. I’ve been hurt so many times that it’s not even funny. I just need to know, is this marriage is going to last. I got up from the couch, walking into the kitchen. I just need a sign.

 Chris

 I sat down on the couch, smokin’ my blunt. I just want Kai back, even if I have to get hurt to proof it. I gotta face it, she don’t feel the same spark when we kiss or anything. Kai is my heart, I need to leave these hoes alone. As I looked around the house, it was a semi-mess. I haven’t bothered to clean. I’m so dumb, I should have talked to Leilani, she is my first born from Kai. She is my little baby girl, my twin and my reflection. Everytime she sees me, she lights up. I want into my bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. I don’t even recognize myself.

 My mama is really disappointed into me. I’ve never seen my mama with that look before. She was just sad and shit. I really don’t deserve Kai, my mama was right. I opened the cabinet, grabbing the bottle of pills. I walked into the bedroom, grabbing a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote a note to Kai & the kids. I started poppin’ the pills, I don’t care anymore. Goodbye, everything and everyone.

 Kai’lani

 I was in the living room, playing with Christian and Leilani. Ms. Joyce started loudly crying. I got up, walking into the kitchen. She was crying into her hands.

 ‘’Mama Joyce, what’s wrong?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Chris is in the hospital, he overdosed on pills. They said they are lucky that Ty came over to the house and called 911.’’ She cried.

 ‘’I talk to him this morning, I-I can’t believe it.’’ I said, letting the tears fall. I walked out of the house to my white Range Rover, Chris bought me. I put the key into the ignition, pulling off. I can’t believe he overdosed. I pulled into the parking lot of the hospital. I got out of the car, running inside to the front door. ‘’What room is Christopher Brown in?’’ I asked.

 ‘’He’s in room 129.’’ She said. I ran down the hospital hallway. I don’t care if I’m in a sweatshirt, leggings, and slippers I need to see my husband. I walked into his room. His eyes were closed. Ty and Bow Wow were in the room.

 ‘’How is he?’’ I asked.

 ‘’He’s been sleeping ever since they pumped it out of him.’’ Ty said.

 ‘’Thank you, Ty.’’ I said, hugging him tightly.

 ‘’You welcome, I can’t have my niece and nephew growing up without a dad.’’ He said. ‘’Chris, left you a note.’’ He added, grabbing a piece of paper from his pocket. I walked over to the bed. Chris looked pale. Gosh, this is all my fault.

 ‘’You gonna be ok?’’ Bow asked.

 ‘’I think so, I just need to know if he’s ok or not.’’ I said. The doctor walked into the room, with a clipboard.

 ‘’Are you Mr. Brown’s wife?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yes, is my husband ok?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Yes ma’am. He overdosed on Advil pills, so they were as strong as most pills. He’s just sleeping, he’s stable.’’ He said.

 ‘’Thank God.’’ I said, caressing my thumb against Chris’s hand. I’m going home, I got to. He’s suicidal. The doctor walked out of the room. ‘’I just wanna slap him right now. Got me up here thinkin’ he died.’’ I said, aloud.

 ‘’I’m glad he’s alright.’’ Bow said.

 ‘’Yeah, that’s my big bro. He’ll always be my A1 since Day 1 nigga.’’ Ty said.

 ‘’Thank you again Ty.’’ I said. I looked down at Chris. I need to be leaving in a little bit. He had me thinking about him dying and shit. I was really scared. ‘’I gotta go. Love you guys.’’ I said pecking Chris’s cheek then hugging both Ty and Bow. I walked out of the hospital room, down the hallway. Chris just needs to go back to rehab then we can restart this whole relationship.

What do you think? Chris overdosed. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella