Four

four» Kai’lani

 Two days, yet no Chris. I’m enjoying myself though. Today Brittany, Melanie and I were going to look around the city. I was dressed in grey Ruched tee shirt, Almost Famous frayed hem short shorts, Woodland camouflage military M-65 field jacket, with neon green/white/black Nike Diamond Turf. My hair was up in a wavy ponytail with a black bandana tied around it.

 There was a knock on the door downstairs. I quickly put on my mascara and lip gloss then grabbed my iPhone and Michael Kors purse. I walked downstairs to the door. I opened it only to see my clique.

 ‘’You lookin’ cute.’’ Brittany said.

 ‘’Thank you, let’s go.’’ I said walking out, locking the door. We walked out to black Escalade. We all got into the backseat. The driver pulled off.

 ‘’Still no luck from Chris?’’ Melanie asked.

 ‘’Nope, I’m bout done.’’ I said.

 ‘’Remember the kids.’’ She said.

 ‘’I know but Chris need to tighten it up. He needs that real good scaring.’’ I said.

 ‘’Well, you’re here in Miami to relax and to party even though we all have husbands here with us.’’ Brittany said.

 ‘’I know, but I wish he would come home.’’ I said.

 ‘’Come on we’re going to go get a couple of drinks.’’ Melanie said. The driver stopped in front of a local bar. We all got out, walking inside. I sat down at the bar. The bartender turned around giving me a smile.

 ‘’What would you like pretty lady?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Something light but has a kick to it.’’ I said. He nodded, turning back around. I looked at my nails thinking about Chris. The bartender turned around with a drink in front of me. ‘’What is it?’’ I asked.

 ‘’A vodka cranberry.’’ He said. I smiled, sipping down the drink. It was a little strong. After a while, I had a shot of Tequila and Vodka. I was a little bit tipsy.

 ‘’Come on, Kai.’’ Brittany said grabbing my arm. We walked out of the bar to the car. I sat down looking out of the window.  The driver pulled off from the bar.

 ‘’Where are we going now?’’ I asked.

 ‘’Our husbands wanted to do something for us. We’re going to drop you off at home.’’ Brittany said. I nodded my head. I don’t even know why I’m married to Chris. He don’t care about me. It’s best to just get a separation. The driver pulled into the driveway.

 ‘’Bye girls.’’ I said smiling getting out of the car. I walked toward the door, unlocking and walking inside. Chris was sitting down on the couch. ‘’Look who it is. I was just thinking about you too.’’ I said.

 ‘’Kai, I’m gotta talk you about something.’’ He said.

 ‘’Go ahead, because I don’t even wanna be married to you right now. You walk off, you argue with me. Why Chris why?’’ I said.

 ‘’I got into some trouble. I gotta go to court.’’ He said.

 ‘’What the fuck Chris!’’ I shouted.

 ‘’Babe, I’m sorry.’’ He said.

 ‘’Yeah, you’re a sorry excuse for a husband.’’ I said running upstairs to the bedroom, locking the door. I slid down the door, crying my eyes out. I just wanna go back to Los Angeles. I miss my babies, my momma, and running a business.

 ‘’Kai’lani open the door.’’ He said.

 ‘’What did you get in trouble with?’’ I asked through the tears.

 ‘’I punched a man, he called me a fag so I punched him.’’ He said.

 ‘’Chris you are so fucking stupid! I just want a separation.’’ I said.

 ‘’We ain’t separating. I need you.’’ He said. I just cried loudly. I heard crying from the other side of the door. ‘’I’m so fucking stupid. Kai I love you really I do. I know I can be a ass but I love you. I love the kids, I’m so sorry.’’ He said. I didn’t even wanna open the door. I cried even harder.

 ‘’Chris, I’m sorry.’’ I said. I unlocked the door, getting up. I opened the door, going immediately into his arms. This is the first time I’ve seen Chris cry in a couple of years. He kissed the top of head.

 ‘’Kai, I never meant anything I’ve said to you in the past three or four days.’’ He said. I just cried into his chest, soaking his shirt. ‘’Babe, let’s go lay down.’’ He said. We walked over to the bed, laying down. He played with hair. ‘’You’ve been drinking?’’ He asked.

 ‘’Yeah, I went to a bar with Brittany and Melanie.’’ I said quietly.

 ‘’Has our moms called?’’ He asked.

 ‘’No, I expecting the call.’’ I said. He nodded looking into my eyes. He pulled me in for a sweet, tender kiss. I closed my eyes as he pulled my body closer to his. He pulled away pecking my cheek.

 ‘’I love you, Kai.’’ He said.

 ‘’I love you too, Chris.’’ I said. He played with his wedding ring. I looked at the ceiling thinking about our marriage. Is it gonna last or are we about to go down? His phone buzzed loudly. He answered it quickly. I didn’t really listen to the conversation because I was half-asleep. I felt his hand go on my ass. ‘’I’m not sleep Chris.’’ I said with my closed eyes.

 ‘’Girl stop frontin’. You know you want this.’’ He said. I giggled at him.

 ‘’You just got back with me, don’t think you getting the cookie that fast. You still on punishment.’’ I said.

 ‘’Aight, I see you mami.’’ He said.

 ‘’You is still that same man I met nine years ago.’’ I said.

 ‘’You were hard to please but I got you now. Soon you gonna be carrying our fourth child. We gonna have us a basketball team.’’ He said.

 ‘’You think that. After this we is having no more children.’’ I said.

 ‘’You say that now. You know you to addicted to CJ.’’ He said.

 ‘’Yeah right.’’ I said. He put his head onto of mine. He’s mine now and always.

Well, what did you think of the chapter? Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave some feedback.-Daniella