Christmas in Grimmauld Place

AN: Here it is, the extremely overdue Christmas chapter. I apologize, I have been super busy for the past three months with packing and the movers and actually moving across the country and now unpacking...Anyway, after this chapter there will only be four chapters left until the end of the book but like I have already mentioned, I'm already working on the next one. I hope that you enjoy this chapter that I have written three times now because of Wattpad's glitches. Sorry to keep bringing it up, I'm just annoyed because it cost me a lot of time and effort. Also, the song for this one is just meant to be funny.

~

"What's going on?" Sirius asks as we all scramble to our feet. "Phineas Nigellus said Arthur's been badly injured-"

"Ask them." Fred cuts him off, gesturing to Harry and I over his shoulder.

"Yeah, I'd like to hear this for myself." George says, squinting at the two of us.

Everyone's eyes land on us, waiting expectantly. They aren't blaming us are they? We only saw it. We went and got help. Mr. Weasley would probably have died undiscovered until morning if we hadn't gone to Dumbledore.

Harry takes charge and begins to tell everyone what we saw in our... vision. I add things from time to time, but when Harry describes the scene as if he watched the snake attack instead of seeing it through the snake's eyes, I don't argue. Is that how Harry saw it? I don't want to say that I saw it from the snake's eyes if he didn't see it that way as well. If they seem to blame us now I can only guess that they would blame me more if I came clean, so I agree with Harry silently.

Ron, who is very pale, glances at me with hardness in his eyes and I know that he remembers that I said I saw the attack through the snake's eyes back in Dumbledore's office before the rest of the Weasley's arrived. I make a mental note to avoid him, though it isn't like I hang around with him much anyway.

"Is mum here?" Fred asks, turning to Sirius the moment that we have finished our explanation.

"She probably doesn't even know what's happened yet," Sirius says, "the important thing was to get you away before Umbridge could interfere. I expect Dumbledore is letting Molly know now."

"We've got to go to St. Mungo's." Ginny says urgently, looking around at her brother's that are still in their pajamas with the exception of Ron. "Sirius, can you lend us cloaks or anything?"

"Hang on, you can't go tearing off to St. Mungo's." Sirius replies quickly, holding up his hands and ushering the Weasley children into the chairs around the kitchen table. Harry and I sit down as well, and Sylvia runs over to sit on my lap with a yawn.

"Course we can go to St. Mungo's if we want. He's our dad!" Fred says, standing back up furiously.

Sirius goes on to explain that they can't go to St. Mungo's because they would have to explain how they knew their father was there when they haven't yet informed his wife and how suspicious that would seem, getting the order into hot water. The twins argue with Sirius that they don't care, they just need to see their dad for what may be the last time. Eventually the twins calm down, exhausted. Sirius summons a bottle of butterbeer for everyone and we sit in silence, just sipping our drinks to have something to do.

Suddenly, there's a flash of fire above the table that lights up the dirty dishes that rest on it. A single feather falls slowly onto the table just like the one that fell in Dumbledore's office, except this time a small roll of parchment falls with it. Sirius leans forward in his chair to snatch up the parchment.

"Fawkes." Sirius says. "That's not Dumbledore's writing, it must be a letter from your mum, here-"

George takes the letter from Sirius's hand and unrolls it, reading the short message aloud.