Visions

AN: Ah yes, this is another chapter that I've had to rewrite because of Wattpad's glitch (twice now) which is so much fun! Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter. There will only be five more chapters after this, then the book will end. Don't worry though, I'm already planning the third book.

~

With the Christmas Holidays just around the corner, my pile of homework has been growing bigger every hour. Merlin, if I thought studying for the O.W.L.s was stressful, they feel like nothing compared to the workload and mountain of stress that the N.E.W.T.s have brought thus far.

I've really begun to envy the twins and McKenna who have about half of the classes that I do, though Lani takes more classes than any of us and she's handling the stress the best. I have really needed to use the study schedule that Hermione drew up for me back before she told me about meeting up in the Hogshead. Sylvia has been dying to see me more often but she's always disappointed when she comes to the Gryffindor common room with me and all I can do is homework while she sits beside me doing her own minimal amount of homework and trying to make conversation between assignments. I can't wait for Christmas break, mostly because it means a break from classes, however brief it may be.

"Well, we've replaced you." Angelina calls as she enters the room of requirement.

Entering the room behind her with Sylvia, the twins, Lani, and McKenna, we listen in on Angelina's conversation with Harry about the students she's found to replace Harry and the twins in the Gryffindor Quiditch team. Fred and George frown beside me.

"You and Fred and George." Angelina clarifies. "We've got another seeker."

"Who?" Harry asks.

"Ginny Weasley." She answers. Sylvia smiles and the twins gasp.

"And what about the beaters?" Harry asks, not looking too happy.

"Andrew Kirk and Jack Sloper." Alicia Spinnet jumps into the conversation without much enthusiasm. "They're nothing special but compared to the rest of the idiots that turned up to try out..."

Fred and George scowl as she trails off. Within five minutes the room fills up with the members of Dumbledore's Army and Harry begins the 'lesson'.

It's the last D.A. meeting before Christmas and we're going to be trying the patronus charm. The meetings have been one of the few things that have kept me going throughout the year while stressing about the final exams and dealing with the toad.

"Alright everyone, remember; it has to be a powerful happy thought or memory." Harry calls out. "You can start practicing as soon as you're ready."

Nodding at his words, I take a moment to think over some of my happy memories before I finally settle on which one to try first. Concentrating as hard as I can, I think back to the moment I recieved my Hogwarts letter.

"Expecto Patronum!" A bit of silvery mist flows out of the tip of my wand. I frown. Maybe I need a happier memory. This time I think of the moment during the Yule Ball when Fred and I danced, not caring about what anyone was thinking or saying about us and just listening to the music. "Expecto Patronum!"

I get the same results as last time and sigh, taking a moment to think. Eventually, another of my happiest memories comes to mind and I think of the first time that I was able to hold Sylvia after she was born. I was only seven at the time but I remember the moment clearly.

"Expecto Patronum!" I call out for the third time. This time, a silvery creature emerges from my wand and trots around the room. A fox.

"You got that rather quickly." Harry comments, patting me on the shoulder as he passes. "Good job. Keep practicing."