Daddy Dearest

"Whose name do you use?"

"What?" I ask, surprised by this sudden question. "we haven't seen each other in fourteen years and that's what's worrying you?"

A death eater near me raises their wand, but my father motions for him to drop it.

"Humor me, will you?" He says calmly.

My mind races. I know I have to answer him, unless I want to be cursed, but I can't be honest, as that would involve my... adoptive parents, and I don't want to put them in danger.

"Yours." I say quietly. "Riddle."

"You shouldn't. I don't want either of us connected to that name." Daddy dearest says with a grim smile. "Take your mother's name."

I can't believe we're actually having this conversation, this is not how I ever thought meeting my father would be.

"Black?" I ask, knowing it would be foolish to bring up her husbands last name.

Voldemort nods in front of me.

"Eh, right... Now that we've got that settled, I want to know, why am I here?" I ask awkwardly. "What do you want from me."

I almost instantly regret asking this as my father smiles darkly, making me shiver with fear.

"Your allegiance." He answers simply.

Fred's POV:

"What the hell happened?" I demand, standing in front of Lani and McKenna.

"She wouldn't listen to us, we told her not to go, but she thought she saw you outside, she left." Lani says, looking miserable.

"You should have made her listen to you. I know she's stubborn, but you should have told someone if she wouldn't listen to you at first!" I exclaim, anger and panic written in my voice.

"We didn't know what to do, we did the best that we could. We don't want her to get hurt either, she's like our sister!" McKenna argues.

"Speaking of sisters..." I trail off suddenly realizing that no one has told her yet. "Who's going to tell Sylvia?"

"Oh..." McKenna says, now looking deflated.

"Tell me what?" A small voice says from behind us.

"You're her sisters!" I exclaim, looking back at Lani and McKenna.

"You're her boyfriend!" McKenna argues.

"Fine." I give up, turning around to look at the young girl with worry written on her features. I walk towards her, wondering how I'm going to tell her that her sister was taken by death eaters.

"What's going on?" She asks. "Why is everyone up in the middle of the night? Where's Vanessa?"

"Come sit with me." I say awkwardly, leading her to the bottom of the stairs where we sit together.  "Alright, this is... hard to have to explain, but... Vanessa was taken by... death eaters, her father's followers." I say hesitantly.

"What?" Sylvia exclaims. "Is she okay?"

"We have... no way of knowing. I'm sorry, Sylvia. Everyone's trying really hard to figure out where's she's been taken. Dumbledore's been informed, and he's on his way." I say slowly, feeling awkward.

A single tear falls down her cheek before she let's out a huge sob and leans against my shoulder as more tears stream down her cheeks. She looks up at me, her eyes wide and watery.

"Do you love her, really love her?" She asks. I'm surprised by the question, but I answer without hesitation.

"Of course I do." I reply. Sylvia nods.