Banned For Life

AN: Hello, and sorry for the extremely late update and somewhat weird choice of song. I actually finished writing the book and then Wattpad glitched and deleted the last six chapters which is super frustrating. I've rewritten this chapter twice now because of a separate mishap, but I don't have the others rewritten yet. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter that I've spent way too much time writing and rewriting.

~

Fred grips his wand tightly as he points it at me, a look of determination on his face. I raise my wand again as well, and within a second we've both shouted "Expelliarmus!" at each other. The spells bounce off of each other then come flying back at us. Both of our wands fly into the air and Harry catches them.

"Well, I've never seen that happen before." Harry says, chuckling quietly as he hands us our wands back before turning back to Neville.

"Good going." George snickers as he and McKenna walk over to us.

"At least I can perform the spell properly, I saw you make that book fly off the shelf and hit Kenna on the head." Fred replies with a scowl.

"I've gotten the hang of it now."George shrugs casually though the tips of his ears are pink. "Hey, look at Smith."

George points to Zacharias Smith who's raising his wand, ready to try and disarm Anthony Goldstein. George waves his wand silently, pointing it at Zacharias' back. Smith's wand flies out of his hand and he picks it up, bewildered, and tries again. Fred waves his wand this time and Zacharias' wand flies out of his hand once again. The twins take it in turns disarming the boy from behind his back until Harry walks over to us.

"Sorry, Harry." George says hastily as Harry catches his eye. "Couldn't resist..."

Harry just shrugs and continues circling the room. Suddenly, Dean completely misses Seamus and his spell bounces around the room until it knocks several of the fragile instruments off of the shelves on the far side of the room at the same time that a book flies off a shelf and smacks Luna upside the head.

"Okay, stop! Stop! Stop!" Harry yells, returning everything to its rightful place with a flick of his wand. He picks up a whistle from atop a stack of books near him and raises it up to his lips.

All movement comes to a screeching halt as the shrill tone of the whistle fills the air and McKenna chuckles under her breath. Everyone turns to face Harry who takes a deep breath and puts his face in his hands. Lani puts one hand on her hip and motions for McKenna to be quiet.

"That wasn't bad," Harry says, though he's obviously lying, "but there's definite room for improvement."

Zacharias Smith glares at him with his nose scrunched up.

"Let's try again..." Harry says hesitantly before continuing to walk around the room watching and helping out here and there.

I watch as he walks over to Cho who suddenly stiffens and sets her friend's robe sleeve on fire. I chuckle to myself.

"Expelliarmus!" Fred shouts. My wand flies out of my hand and he catches it.

"Oi!" I yell, turning to look at the smirking boy in front of me. "I was distracted, that doesn't count!"

"Sure it does, love." Fred grins.  

We spend the rest of the 'lesson' trying to disarm each other, which I end up succeeding at... mostly, and then we switch partners briefly before Harry blows on the whistle again.

"Well that was pretty good," Harry says as everyone's attention turns to him again, "but we've overrun, we'd better leave it here. Same time, same place next week?"