Dementors and Drama

Lani ignores us from the moment we wake up. Though I don't know what we did wrong, I know that she needs some space, and I can respect that. McKenna on the other hand, is obviously annoyed at Lani's sudden outburst, and continues to ask her what she did as we walk down to breakfast.

"What happened? This time yesterday you were being your boring self, studying for finals when we haven't even started up school again, and now you won't even talk to us? What's with you? Did we do something wrong?" She asks for about the thirtieth time. Lani finally seems to be rattled enough to respond.

"I'm just sick of hearing you two blabbering about your perfect relationships! It's like you're rubbing it in my face, and until you two would like to be good friends and actually care, you can stay away from me!" Lani shouts, rushing down the stairs to get away from us.

"What's up with her?" George asks, walking up behind us with Fred in tow.

"I think she and Lee may be having problems." I say slowly.

"Why should she blame us? It's not our fault." McKenna says angrily. "She's being a right foul git to us."

"She's probably upset that we never tried to talk to her about it, and talking about you and George just made it worse." I reason. "Still, she shouldn't have just expected us to know that something was wrong."

"No kidding!" McKenna exclaims.

We walk down the few remaining stairs and take our seats around the large table, each taking a plate that Mrs. Weasley then loads it with food.

Ron, Hermione, and Harry walk down the stairs only moments behind us, and sit down across from us.

"When did you get here, Harry?" I ask confusedly.

"Last night." Harry replies simply, taking a bite of his breakfast.

"Oh, must have been when we were in bed." I say, thinking.

"I suppose so." Harry nods, looking distracted.

Fred nudges me in the side, and gives me a look that clearly says there's more to the story.

"I'll fill you in after breakfast." He whispers, kissing my cheek to hide his words. I nod, wondering what Fred knows.

When everyone's finished their breakfast, and had plenty of helpings of it, Mrs. Weasley sends us upstairs to find another room after explaining what we've been doing to Harry.

*

"So, let me get this straight, while we were suffering Lani's wrath last night, Harry arrived on broomstick after being attacked by dementors, and there was another meeting about his appearance that you all listened in to, and you didn't even invite us?" I ask incredulously as I wave my wand, making the Black Family tapestry shake the dust off of itself. "Besides that, I thought your mum took away all your extendable ears?"

"So did she." George grins mischievously. "And yeah the rest of that's true."

"We didn't invite you because we thought you were asleep." Fred explains.

"We were talking about George and McKenna until Lani had an outburst and started yelling at us." George's ears turn slightly pink as I say this. "Well I guess what's done is done now..."

"Indeed, and I promise that from now on, we'll invite you on all of our adventures, even though you ratted us out last time, because that was brilliant, we've taught you well." Fred grins, ruffling my hair. I smack his hand away and use my wand to fix the damage.

"Right, well, I want to hear the rest of the story. What happened with the dementors?" I ask.

Harry frowns, suddenly looking awkward, but proceeds to tell me of how he and his cousin, Dudley, were attacked by dementors, and he protected them with his stag protronus. After which, he took Dudley home and received a letter that informed him that he had been expelled from Hogwarts, and his aunt and uncle took their son to the hospital while Tonks, Kingsley, Mad Eye, and a few others rescued him, flying back to Grimmauld Place after explaining to him that he was to have a trial before the Ministry could expel him. Harry releases a heavy sigh as he finishes his story.