The Hogshead

AN: I know the song is a weird choice. I know it's about recovery but it's the best I could find and it's mainly the chorus that fits. Sometimes it's easy to find a song that fits and sometimes it's incredibly hard, like this time. Moving on, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get this chapter out, I've had the absolute worst writer's block for this story. I knew what I wanted to happen but I didn't know how to put it into words. Anyway I finally got the inspiration I needed and I made this chapter twice as long as normal to make up for the wait. I'm going to try to make all the chapters this long from now on as well. I hope you enjoy it, remember to vote and comment suggestions and feedback. Sorry this note is so long.

~

The next week passes by quickly bringing with it a pile of homework that I don't think I'll ever completely finish and a lot of stress from teachers over our N.E.W.T. exams that we'll have to take at the end of the year. Not to mention the toad's effect on the school now that she is the High Inquisitor. The only good thing that had come from the days following our first couple of weeks back at Hogwarts was that Fred and I have gotten back to our normal selves. It had been a bit awkward at first after what Lee had done but we were back to laughing and pranking in no time, though we keep our pranks out of sight of Dumbridge.

"And what is this?" Hermione demands, turning away from the common room notice board to glare at Fred, George, Kenna, and I who are sprawled across the red couches in front of the fire. She points to a sign that has been pinned over another paper on the board that she rips down.

It reads:

Gallons of Galleons!
Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoing?
Like to earn a little extra gold?
~~~~~~~
Contact Fred and George Weasley,
Vanessa Redwood, or McKenna Riot, Gryffindor Common Room,
for simple, part-time, virtually painless jobs
(We regret that all work is undertaken at applicant's own risk)

"Advertisement." George shrugs.

"You are the limit." Hermione says grimly. "You have to take these down."

"And what makes you think we will?" Fred asks lazily, looking up at the seething girl.

"I think you will because Ron and I are prefects and we won't hesitate to take away points from our own house." Hermione snaps.

"Leave me out of it, 'Mione." Ron says hurriedly, turning towards the portrait hole. Harry follows after him. The twins chuckle as they leave.

"Coward." Hermione mutters before turning to me. "Honestly though. I expect this rubbish from the twins and McKenna but you were my only hope, Vanessa. How could you let them test their products on students?"

I shrug and she rolls her eyes, following her friends out of the common room but not before adding "This isn't the end of this conversation."

The twins open their mouths, about to badmouth Hermione but I speak before they get a chance.

"Give the girl a break. She's just upset that she can't stop Harry from provoking Umbridge and ending up in detention." I say. They shrug but George comments; "You're one to talk." Quietly.

"Speaking of the ruddy toad..." McKenna says, a grin growing on her face. "I think we should work on those skiving snack boxes."

*

Umbridge walks around the classroom, watching the students attempt the charm, and occasionally asking Flitwick questions. This is the first inspected lesson we've had since she became the High Inquisitor a few days ago.