“Liam, wait!” I screech and thank God when he waits.

“I don’t understand! Why did you say all that to her?” He turns around and screams.

“I said that only because I wanted to meet him. I knew she wouldn’t allow and I knew that you wouldn’t apologize. I’m sorry if you felt hurt, I just said that.” I take huge breaths, trying to calm my erratic breathing.

“And that’s the only thing you could think of? To defame me?” He shouts back. I knew where all this was leading to. He is scared for his reputation more than anything and quite honestly, this sulks me. He shouldn’t overreact for such a petty issue and I hate it. He only assumes things about himself and everything around him.

“Why do you always think that I like defaming you?! You are ridiculous.” I say. “And I didn’t expect you to say anything at all. You just like to assume things without any pretext!”

“You can’t be more wrong.”

“This is hopeless, Liam. Your ego is suffocating and I have no clue why you walk around with that invisible crown on your head. Stop assuming things, please.” I spit the words out.

“I told you before; my ego can’t be bruised or broken.” He takes a dangerous step towards me”

“Really? I’m sorry but this behavior of yours just shows something contrast. It’s so difficult to even talk to you.” His face falls but his nostrils flare quickly. We are fighting in front of so many people but at the moment I don’t seem to care nor does he.

“So is it easy to talk to him? That’s why you were so adamant to meet him in the first place.”

“Will you shut up? You don’t have to drag him all the damn time! What has he even done?” His will to indulge in a fight every time annoys me. I thought we were doing well, far better than good since the entire night was calm and serene. But then again, what was I even thinking? The night was too good to be true.

“Don’t ask me to shut up, all right? Nothing, can we leave?”

“No. I want answers. What has he done and why can’t you make an apology to him? Don’t you feel bad for him?” I ask him politely even though I know whatever he has to say won’t be polite enough.

“No.” He states matter-of-factly, “And what’s the matter with you? Why are you so worried for him? If he could make you talk to him for almost an hour, I’m sure he was fine, wasn’t he?”

“I’m so done. You don’t care about anyone, Liam. But unlike you, I do care about people. I don’t like it when people are hurt without any reason. I do care about feelings, something you are totally foreign to. So I don’t expect you to be thinking in the way that I am.”

“You seem to care about the entire world but me!” He shouts and takes another step towards me. His long fingers wrap around my wrist, pulling me towards him gently. His touch isn’t painful, unlike all the times he has caught me, but this time it is soft, surprisingly.

“You are the person I care about the most!” I scream and my heart stops beating. Did I just say that?

“Wh.. What?” His expression softens and his mouth hangs open a bit.

“You heard me.” Even though I said it without thinking, I won’t take it back. This was the only way to confess to him since I wouldn’t say anything on my own. I mean each word I uttered and I don’t care if he doesn’t believe me. The last time I told him that I wanted to be there for him, he discarded me off. I know I meant those words, too. I desperately want to make him believe me as well. But something stops me, something which says that he will reject me again this time.