|Chapter Forty One|

Ethan

     I made sure Devin drove us to the helipad of my building as soon as we could leave the wedding venue. I could see Ruby was already tired and she has not had time to change from her reception dress.

When we got to the building, we took the elevator to the last floor and I carried Ruby, bridal style.

"Put me down, Ethan."

"No can't do, dear wife." I said and carried her into the waiting plane. I place her in a seat before going to talk to my pilot.

After discussing the location and logistics with the pilot, I showed Ruby around. I have a cabin to myself which could contain is both. I left her trying to undress to get a bottle of champagne.

As I got back to the cabin, she was trying to undo the buttons. I moved closer and helped her with them and as the last one came undone, the dress fell to the floor, revealing my wife in a sexy tube lingerie that exposed her tummy. I didn't know when I closed the steps that separated us and I arrested her lips with mine. She responded feverishly and I loosened the straps that held the bikini piece by boy shoulders as I trailed kisses down to her breast.
I felt intoxicated.
I had never felt like this with any of the ladies I had dated or sexed before becoming a Christian.
I gently backed her till we landed on the bed and I resumed kissing her, all of a sudden, she went limp.

"Ruby!" I tapped her cheek, no response. I stood up immediately and got water from the bathroom. I poured it on her and she sputtered to life.
I crouched beside her and asked,

"Ruby, are you okay?"

She nodded and I asked,

"Are you sure? Will you take a bath? What should I get you?"

"Nothing. I will take my bath." She replied quietly.

"Okay." I said and took the robe off the hook and handed it to her. I watch her rise steadily and go towards the bathroom. As she made to slide the door close, she look straight at me and said,

"I am sorry, Ethan. Please..."
I walked to the bathroom and held her cheek, smiling,

"It's okay, honey. Everything will be fine, no need for apology." I said and I walked out.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

Devin

"Tori told me she was getting better! Gosh! I just want to kill this Nick guy! I think it's time to find the idiot." Ethan said after the first round. He had barged into the gym and had started throwing punches at me, I knew immediately that something  was wrong.

"Ethan, calm down."

"Do not tell me to calm down. It's my wedding night and I can't even make love to my wife because of a rapist and you want me to fucking calm down?"

"Okay, I will have Francis search for the guy and I am sure something else would have happened that we can dwell on except of he has repented but for now, I need you to calm down. Imagine Ruby is listening to your every word, how would she feel?"

"Okay. Let's go another round."

"Are you sure?" I asked, eyeing his bleeding face,

"I just want to get my mind off it."

"Heaven forbid I pass a chance to beat you up."

"Come on." I said and we started hitting each other.

Minutes later, we stilled to the only female voice on the plane, they both turned to her, she was wearing a denim shorts and a black t-shirt,

"I think that is enough. Devin, I won't allow you to damage my husband's handsome face and you, Mr King, it's high time, you took a shower."

"Okay ma'am." Devin answered meekly and Ruby turned to leave.

"Thank you Mrs King for the rescue." Ethan said as he trailed after her but not before he winked at Devin.