|Chapter Twenty Four|

Ruby

     All through last week, Ethan kept on calling my cell and texting me. Even through to this week, on Friday, Julie and I left work early and around 05:00pm, Ethan's call dor the dat was 62 entries, that was quute high compared to yesterday, I mused. Julie waa with me and we were seeing a movie together, my phone has been vibrating all day. Julie suddenly interrupted,

"Ruby, why don't you try to pick..."

"Don't even go there Julie. In fact I am going to end all these right now." I said and I took the phone, removed the back case, the battery and the sim and I went into my bathroom and flushed down the sim.

"What did you just do?"

"I flushed my sim. That way he won't be able to call in again. I am going home for the holidays, I will get a new sim there and if you are my friend, you won't give out my number."

"Yes, Miss Margaret Thatcher." She said and I went to sit with her as we resumed watching our movie.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

Ethan

     Call me stupid, crazy, stalker, I don't care. I was losing the love of my life as fast as a motorbike can travel. I kept calling, texting and pleading with her to just hear me out. No reply. It's been 12 days now, and Ruby has decided to show me how hardheaded she can be. Suddenly a text message came in from Julie, I opened it eagerly and the last of my resolve amd eagerness crumbed as I read it,

"Hi Ethan, I am sorry about what happened. I think you should zero your mind about Ruby and move on with your life. She just flushed her sim down the water closet. I swear that girl is crazy, I am so sorry Ethan. Please take care and happy holidays."

God why? I cried out as my heart contracted, how can this girl do this to me? You kept telling me to not give up on her, was it so that she can reject me when my feelings were heightened, even after all those times she rejected me, you told me to keep pressing. I give up, Lord. I can't do this anymore. I can't. I told the Lord as o sank deep into my bed depressed.

*    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *   *   *

Ruby

We closed for the Holidays and I went back to Washington. I got a new sim. A few days after I settled down, I sent a resignation email to my boss, he called me immediately and asked why i was leaving but i said personal issues that i am so sorry and he let me be.

I told Dad and Mum I would like to relocate to New York City to continue my work. They were surprised and inquired why I wanted to leave Los Angeles. The pay was good, my apartment affordable and cosy. I told them I just wanted more experience but of course we all know the main reason is one 6 feet of handsomeness. They agreed. Chloe was especially excited that I will be at New York City.

The next day, I sent out applications to the New York firms with vacant positions. By January 5, I started going for interviews and between my resume and my school certificate, I was given the job of a Human Resources Consultant at Mills and Boon Consulting Firm (MBCF). The salary was higher than the one I was being paid at Liam Technologies.
I was told to resume the next Monday. I flew back to Los Angeles to get all my stuffs and also to see Julie, I had carried her along with my plan, we had prayed together before i sent my resignation email to Mr Liam.

I flew back home then, go with my sister to look at apartments. I finally settled for an apartment at Brooklyn which was about an hour drive from Long Island where Chloe stays. It was about forty minutes to my new office which was located at Richmond and I could finally breath fresh air.

Mum and Dad were particularly excited that I exercised my faith even when I had yet to get the job, I believed I would and left the one I had and now I have a better job that is closer home. I just felt I had to leave it was time, i prayed about it, got a confirmation and I followed my heart.

---------------------------
Hello Sweethearts,

New beginnings huh?

Let's see what New York City has to offer our Ruby.