|Chapter Twenty Eight|

Ruby

     I can't believe Ethan is here. OhmyGod! Ethan is sitting right in my sitting room.I opened the fridge and closed it again and opened it again as I tried to calm my nerves and check my rows of drink, pepsi and juice drink and maltina. I can't believe I lied that I was married. Trust Ethan to see through me.

What would he like now? I settled for a carton of juice and took out a pack of Delicious  Cookies, Sandwich Cream Cookies then I took out one of my flat plates and placed it in a round tray.

Arrange the cookies and be calm, do not be too forward, hear him out but do not forget he was with a lady recently, I lectured myself and then I placed the juice on the tray as I closed the fridge and I chided myself that maybe he is here to give me his wedding invitation card. I pray not, I muttered to myself as I went back to my sitting room and placed the tray on a table beside him before him before taking my seat on the two-seater sofa opposite him,

"You have a lovely home." He said,

"Thanks. Oh! I forgot the glass cup." I said as I made to stand up but he stopped me with his hand saying,

"No, I am not even going to take anything yet. Let's talk first."

"Okay, so what do we want to talk about?" I said, swallowing nervously,

"You." He saidas he crossed his legs and looked straight at me as if he could see my soul and my deepest secrets, I replied nervously,

"What about me?"

"Why did you reject me every time I come to you? Why are you writing guys off? What is so painful in your past that you are allowing it to rule your future? I want to bear it all." He said and I was quiet for a while or a long time, I didn't know as my past life surfaced. One whole year and a couple of months of misery. I think I need to get it off my chest,

"I was raped by my Uncle and his son. At age 16, I was disvirgined. I had nobody. My Aunt was rarely at home and there was nobody to help me. Nobody to save me. I was orphaned at age eleven and my Aunt took me in only to be abused after. I was always scared.

"Finally, God had mercy on me and whisked me away from it all when I thought I was going to die. I refused you because you were getting too close for comfort sake. You made me feel what I have never felt before and each time I think that maybe I should give in, I end up thinking you could be like them, that you would want to control me, you would want me to be at your beck and call, you would probably treat anyhow you deem fit and that you would want to own my soul as they said and did." I didn't know when tears rolled down my eyes, Ethan was holding my hands, I didn't know when he even got closer.

"Sweetheart, do you think I am that guy? That monster? That would want to treat my fellow human like an animal? Why would I do that? Your past should remind you of the grace you enjoyed by having a future, it shouldn't define who you are. Why would I want to own your soul when I do not even own my own soul.

"Baby, I love you. You should have told me all these. It would have saved us the stress and heartbreak. You can't keep letting your past be the boss of you. I would never think of treating you less than the queen you are and my whole goal will be to make you happy because everybody deserves to be happy."

"You loved me not love."

"What? I don't understand you." He said as he rubbed his thumb over the back of my palm. The gesture was disturbing me from thinking. I said lowering my gaze,

"I mean, I saw you before this event, some months back at a restaurant with a lady and you guys were pretty casual. You don't have to do all these. We can remain friends while you still pursue your relationship with her."

"You saw me at a restaurant?" He asked and I bobbed my head,

"Oh! Yeah, I had to have lunch with a girl Mum set me up with, Lucille Jackson, a designer. Look, my Mum kept sending ladies to me after that episode because after you left and ignored me, I was wasted but after a while, I decided to throw myself into work and that's what got me to this position today. I couldn't stop thinking about you.

"I kept talking to Juliet to give me an address or a number but it was to no avail. I had to take my mind off it all. I went to lunch with Lucille only to discover that our parents' were trying to match us together meanwhile she has someone she is dating who is not so rich.

"I am single and all for you, Ruby. I can't lie to you, I was angry, I was devastated, I was depressed, I even almost turned to the bottle but thank God for Devin and I saw Lucille a couple of times but it was strictly a friends thing. Any lady you see me with must concern business or maybe we are friends and that is rare. Nothing attached. I still care about you." He explained in lengthy words as I felt relief course through my bones, he still cares, i don't know why i believed him but i did, we still had a second chance.

He used his finger to tilt my chin upward willing my eyes to meet his and somehow, anyhow, our lips met.

He wet my lower lips with his tongue nibbling on it and taking his time, i was hungry for more

He wet my lower lips with his tongue nibbling on it and taking his time, i was hungry for more. Nothing has ever tasted like that before. I parted my lips giving him an access to my mouth and he kissed me.
It was not as deep as I expected and shorter than I wanted but it was all I never experienced before. I was dazed and very frightened.

-----------------------
Hello Sweethearts,

Did they like just kiss????

Let's see what happens next.