|Chapter Thirty Five|

Ruby's POV.

     After the quizzing with Mum and Chloe, I went to my room and picked up my phone,

'Are we going to be indoor or are we going out? What do I wear?'

I sent these questions to Ethan. He replied back in nanoseconds,

'We are going out, wear something you are comfortable in, my favourite colours, if you can afford it.'

I took my bath and put on a short gown then I went downstairs, it was just past ten. Mum and Chloe were discussing her fast approaching wedding ceremony. I yelled at them,

" Are we not going to eat breakfast in this house?"

" I thought you were going out?" Chloe asked,

" Yes but not now. Around noon. I am hungry o." I answered,

" You are hungry? Then cook." Mum said and I went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and quickly perused the items there. I decided to make pancakes with scrambled eggs.

Minutes passed and the kitchen radiated with tantalising aroma and my pancake and eggs were ready. I dished it into three plates and then I went to serve the ladies. Dad was out already. We settled down and ate as we gisted.

After breakfast, I texted Ethan,

'When are we meeting?' and he replied back,

'You could leave by 12pm.'

I set to work his favourite colors are blue and white. I decided to wear a skinny very blue Jean and a fitted white shirt. I then oiled and brushed my hair. After that, I called Chloe to come fix my make-up. Yes! It's been a while I saw my man, I have to look beautiful.

Chloe fixed my makeup and soon I was looking like I stepped out of a magazine. I put on my shirt and trouser and then pick up my phone. Selfie Time. I sent a picture to my man and captioned it,

'How do I look?'

He replied almost immediately,

'You look take home to Mama. As beautiful as ever. You are the most beautiful woman in my world. I need you to pick me up at my Hotel, I don't really know my way around this areas and Devin is unavailable at the moment but I already checked out some place we will go. Don't keep me waiting, I miss your beautiful face.'

I grinned widely. Sue me. My man sure knows how to compliment a lady. I pick up my car keys and put on a black almost knee length heeled boot with furs by the edge. I used some deodorants, picked my purse and got out of my room. Mum and Chloe saw me to my car and then I drove out.

Fifteen minutes before 12. I put some music on and then drove down to Renaissance Albany Hotel. As I drove into the compound and park my car, I fished out my black shades and cell phone and I called him,

" Hello Baby." His rich voice came on,

" I am outside." I said,

" All right, I will be with you in few minutes." He said and I ended the call. I dropped my phone and got out, I leaned by my car and surveyed the Hotel. I am sure it must be expensive 'cause Ethan settles for nothing less than the E-word. (expensive). The sun was in its full glare and I was thankful I had put on my sunglasses earlier.

Few minutes after, I saw Ethan exit the entrance of the Hotel, lol, we actually did match. Blue Jean and White Shirt , he left two buttons undone revealing his delicious broad chest. Gosh! How can  one look so good? I find it hard sometimes to believe he is mine and wholly mine. He stops to scan around and I waved at him. Then he started coming towards me. As he got closer, I almost flew into his arms but he was faster, he wrapped his hands around me, squeezing tightly and he whispered into my ears before kissing my forehead,

" You look so good, I miss you." Then he released me, I gaze up at him through my sunglasses,

" You do not look bad yourself." He removed my sunglasses, I know he likes staring into my eyes a lot. Then he said,

" We have some places to get to, I will drive."

" But you said you don't know your way around."

" Yeah but my GPS will help me. Come, my lady, let me be your chauffeur for today." He said and I laughed. He opened the door for me and I got in. Then he closed it firmly and entered through the opposite door and we began our journey. We did a quick catch up as he drove us down to his destination which happened to be Albany Institute of History of Art.

It was beautiful there and then on a cruise at Dutch Apple Cruise. By the time we got back, it was around 04:00pm then we decided to go to a restaurant. I voted Pizza and that got us to Pizzeria Sapienza. As we entered the restaurant, we were ushered straight to a private setting. We got seated and a waitress came over to take our order. While she was leaving, another came to serve us wine.

Soon, our pizza was ready. Hot and spicy, we dug in.
After eating, we were served another wine and as I was drinking, something metal came in contact with my tongue. Could this be a stone? I thought as I made to remove it but what came out made my heart pause for a second.

Ethan immediately stood up and went on one knee, then he said,

" I love you. I don't have any flowery words at present but I know that he that finds a wife, finds a treasure and he receives favor from the Lord. I am ready to take you to the ends of the earth, to please you if only you will allow me and be my wife."

I was dazed. Once again, Ethan has wowed me. If anybody had told me I would be presented a ring today, I would have argued it out.

" Baby, you don't wanna marry me? If you don't, it's okay but I..."

" Of course I wanna marry you. You caught me by surprise. I, Ruby Collins will marry you, Ethan King." I cut in and gave him the ring which he cleaned with a napkin from the table before slipping it on my finger. Our fingers intertwined, he stood up. We kissed. Time stood. The kiss tasted of promise, of love  of truth and of course red wine. We pulled back and then leave as everyone congratulated us on the way out.

Back in the car, I stared at my ring as Ethan drove me home.

" Baby."

" Yes love." He answered, eyes intent on the road. I decided to be naughty and distract him, so I leaned towards him and kissed his lips then he pulled back.

" Are you outta your mind? Do you want to get us killed before our wedding?"

" Calm your pants. You dazed me today, Ethan. I love you so so much."

" I love you too baby. Thank you for accepting me." He said and he entwined our fingers and kissed it.

Soon, we were in front of my house and he parked. He got out and opened my car door.  Then we walked to the driver's side and I faced him, my hands around his neck, I am so feeling expressive tonight,

" Ethan? Why me? It's not like I am up to your..."

" Ruby do not start tonight please. I don't want to hear it. Your entry into my life is the best thing that has ever happened to me. You are the love of my life (He puts his arms around my waist.) I can not picture the mother of my kids and see someone else. When I am with you, I feel at home. Home is you. Love is you. From my head to my feet you own it all. I belong to you. Tell me, what is there not to love about you? Is it your smile? Your dimples? Your nose? Your tenacity? Your sense of comprehension? Your listening ears? Your love for the Lord? Your boobs?... "

" Ethan! Pervert." I reprimanded, slapping the back of his head.

" That sounds like a rehearsed speech though. Call me when you get to your hotel. Thank you for today." I said and we kissed some more before he watched me drive to the gate, honking the horn to announce my presence and into the compound.