Nicholas turns, "It's because I'm such a charmer. The ladies can't resist." 

"Oh I don't know. Many seem to leave after a while." 

"But they last longer with me." 

I chime in, "It's because you Nicholas, have manners. Maybe you can teach Mason some." 

Nicholas laughed, "She's feisty."

Mason smiled, "That's what I said." 

"Speaking of manners..." Nicholas starts and launched himself at Mason. 

Mason catches Nicholas in the chest and the two fall to the floor. I start back as they start throwing punches at each other. The other two women just look on as if this is a regular occurrence. Meanwhile Mason is on top of Nicholas a fist raised when Nicholas says, "Mason you're scaring the poor girl." 

Mason laughs, "Piss off." He uncurls his fist, and helps Nicholas up. After brushing off their clothes Mason slaps Nicholas, and they both begin to go for each other again, when Olivia says "Alright you two that's enough. Come get your biscuits." My face must still be confused because Olivia tells me, "They do this every time they see each other. Started when they were children," she looks at them as they walk over to the island, "They love each other don't worry." 

I join them at the table after grabbing a few buns from the rack. The boys are still pushing each other with their shoulders, all while they scarf down the honeyed biscuits I front of them. 

"So, Nicholas," I start, "Mason never told me about you." 

"That's probably because he's worried I'll steal you from him." Nicholas calmly replies while Mason chokes. 

I turn to look at Mason, and he says, "It didn't seem relevant to mention him. And if I did I would've told you what an asshole he is." 

Olivia scowled, "Language." 

"Yes ma'am." Mason said. 

"So you do have manners." I quirked a brow. 

Mason opened his mouth to respond but the calm atmosphere was shattered by a deep voice. 

"Mason Ace Shade. My office. Now."  

Nicholas offered Mason a sympathetic look. "It's alright. I knew it was coming." Mason said.

"You too Nicholas." The voice said. He hopped up and looked at me, "Calsy you don't have to call me Nicholas, Nick is fine." I nodded, "I hope I can catch you before you leave." And with that he kissed my hand again and went to go appease the voice that had ruined the mood. 

Olivia sighed. "Mason's father has always been hard on him, but it really took off when his mother died." Oh, she's the stepmom. "I've only really come into the picture recently, at least to Mason. He doesn't really visit a lot. Only when he needs too." She shook her head. "That boy is wild."