This is so touching. It's the first time I heard something very nice from my mom. These words made me regret about not being a good daughter to her. I always knew that she only wants what's best but I took it the wrong way. 

     "Thank you for understanding, mom. And you don't need to be sorry. I know that all you want is the best for me. And I want to thank you for that."

     She hugged and kissed my forehead. 

     At 12:30, a stylist went to our house just to fix my hair and make-up. I put on my en creme lace dress and beige wedges. Mom went behind me and while we were facing the mirror, she put on a necklace to me. It says "amour" which is a French word for "love". 

     "Thanks mom," I said. 

     When the stylist finished putting a damp of make up on me, we already went to my school with my mom and dad of course, Linda and Mary. While we were on the car, I'm becoming nervous about being a freshman though I'm still going to study in Manchester Academy. Well, I know that I can do it anyway.

     The ceremony started and there were opening remarks and blah blah. I don't really put my attention on those things since I'm really worried about my rank. What if Xander tops me out? 

     It's almost at the end where they'll announce the honours. I already have 6 awards which are best in Math, English, Science, History; appreciation of club work in Media Communication and Journalism. I know that my mom is so proud.

     "I'm proud to say the names of the most outstanding students this school year. It's my pride and honour to state the names of these students who really worked hard for the peak spot," Mrs. White, our principal stated. 

     I looked at my back to find Paris since her surname is Skym. When I saw her, I just put my thumbs up and smiled at her. When I got back from my sitting position, Mrs. White started talking again.

     "Third honourable mention is Jessica Edwards from 8-A. Congratulations!" 

     This is so nerve-wrecking. Why am I being so nervous anyway?

     "2nd honourable mention is Patrick Wright from 8-A also. Congratulations" ..... "1st honourable mention is Paris Skym!" 

     I clapped my hands very loud. I'm very proud of my best friend. 

     "Our salutatorian is... Ashley Tamia Hyland!" 

     BAM. 

     I'm stiff. I didn't even bother to stand up at first. But my seatmate tapped my back and said congratulations which snapped me back to reality. 

     I stood up and smiled at everyone. I walked up the stage and my mom put on the medal on my neck. I hugged her tight and whispered, "I didn't make it to the first spot. I'm sorry, mom." and she answered, "You didn't have to. I'm proud of you." 

     My eyes are filling up but I tried not to cry on the stage.

     "And last but not the least, our Valedictorian, Alexander Ward!" 

     Yes, my suitor just beat me on the honor list. Oh well, who cares anyway?

     Then it's time to say my speech. 

     "Good afternoon to everyone. I'm Tamia Hyland, your salutatorian. It's an honour standing here in front of you all. Well, I'll make this really short. First, I want to thank my friends, classmates and teachers. They helped in building a better me. And second, I want to thank my mom. I always thought that she's pressuring me but when I thought about it deeper, she just wants the best for me. If it wasn't for her, there's no Tamia standing here. So yeah, thank you everyone and happy graduation to my batch mates!" 

     When I looked back, a tear fell. My mom opened her arms wide and hugged me. I love her so much. 

G R E Y S O N ' S  P O V :)

     "I'm coming, mom!" 

     "Faster Greyson, we'll be late for the ceremony." 

     "I'm coming, chill down." 

     "Alright, alright. We'll be waiting in the car."

    Sigh. Mom's always in hurry. It's my graduation day today and I'm almost late. Who cares anyway? 

     By the way, I'm Greyson Chance from Edmond, Oklahoma. Well, I'm just that typical boy who loves soccer and music. I study at Edmond Christian Academy and currently in 8th grade. Finally graduating in middle school. Well, I'll tell you more about me later since I'm going to be late now.

     So I ran off to the car. 

     "What took you so long, Greyson?" mom asked. Her name is Lisa by the way.

     "I can't find my tie so I just grabbed dad's in your room." 

     "Okay, just put it on already."

       After a 15 minute-drive, we finally arrived at school. All of us ran to the auditorium since the guard said that it will start in 5 minutes. 

     When we got there, I sat on my seat next to Andrew Chandler. 

     "Dude, I thought you're late again." he laughed.

     "Good thing I'm not." 

     There were a lot of opening remarks and blah but I'm not listening because I'm distracted by the smell of Daniela's perfume in front of me.

      Then it's time for the announcement of honours list.

      3rd honourable mention... 2nd honourable mention... 1st honourable mention... Salutatorian... Valedictorian...

     Our valedictorian is Mr. Greyson Chance!

     "Ha, congrats man!" Andrew said.

     "Haha, thanks." I stood up, went up the stage and stated my speech.

     Mom also came up to put on the medal. After the ceremony, there were a lot of picture-taking. 

     I really don't understand why I'm included in the honours list. I'm not really into studying. Guess it's just really in my blood. Ha! Just kidding.

----------

votes are always appreciated ;) hahah thanks for reading xx ~ krissy