19: Same Mistakes

Start from the beginning

" What's going on boy! " He says, pulling me in for a hug. " I haven't seen your behind in a minute. " He pushes me back looking at me. I walk to the back door opening it to get the twins out. " How you been? " He asks.

" I've been good. I'm back on my feet and in the shop. Those niggas broke shit while I wasn't there. " I help Erin out leaning back inside to help Eric. Erin runs up toward the porch meeting Iyesha.

" Your father would be proud of you though. That's why he left the shop to you because he knew you could take care of it. "

I raise Eric out of the car placing him on the ground as he held his chocolate bar in his hand. " Hand it over sir. " I hold out my hand for Eric to give me the chocolate. He turned to the side holding the candy away from me. " You telling me no? " I ask as he nodded. I pop his hand taking the Candy bar from him. He ran over to Iyesha crying.

" Why did you take his candy? " Ken asks.

I shut the car door showing him the back of the candy bar wrapper. " He's allergic to peanuts. "

" Oh... " He smacks himself in the head. " Close save. I'm sorry about that. I couldn't have known. "

" You're good. "

He turns allowing me to walk in front of him. He turns walking with me seeing Iyesha go into the house. " So that's the wife eh? "

" Yeah. " I nod.

" Your Mom called me and told me to hurry about because she was... concerned. "

" Yeah, I calmed her down and told her who you were. She has this paranoia. " We both walk up the porch stairs.

" Introductions are in order. I know your Mom hates her. "

" Go easy on her Ken. She has to deal with so much from Mom. " I open the door as he walks inside. He nods as follow behind him. After shutting the door I walk towards the living room. Iyesha was sitting on the sofa talking to the twins. " Iyesha I want you to meet Kenny. "

" Hi. " She holds out her hand as he takes it. " Nice to meet you. "

" I just wanted you to meet me firsthand. I don't want you thinking I'm some sort of kidnapper or creep around your kids. "

" You understand as a mother I just would like to know. " She says.

" I do. It's not an upset for me miss. Pleasure to meet you. "

" Why did you Pop my baby? " She asks me. I toss the candy bar onto the sofa with her as she looks at it. " Peanuts? "

" Peanuts. "

Mom walks back into the living room looking at all of us. " Did you introduce yourself to Iyesha? We don't want her thinking you're a kidnapper. " She laughs.

" I did. We cleared all of that up. Stop being mean to that girl Wilma. It's Christmas Eve. "

" The food is done. You all come on and eat. "

- - - - - - - -

" Mama you threw down. That was good as hell. " I sit back rubbing my stomach.

" You've never had good home cooking like mines. " She says.

" Except mines. " Iyesha says. " Toast was a tad bit burnt. "

Mom chuckles. " I could barely stomach those waffles you caught yourself making love. "

" Probably because you can't afford name brand pancake mix. Cheapma. " Iyesha sasses, typing on her phone.